BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is seeking a Senior Technical Recruiter (Remote Contractor) to support its Product Engineering teams. As a Recruiter, you are an advisor, hunter, and closer. You'll develop sourcing strategies that will help our teams hit their ambitious goals. From sourcing and screening to crafting long-term consultative partnerships with our teams, this role will be key to driving the expansion and growth of our internal BigCommerce community. S/he will be expected to recruit and hire world-renowned Saas candidates. This person will need to be well-versed in all aspects of recruiting including client management and offer negotiation, candidate development, generation, and creative sourcing.
This is a remote position and the ideal candidate will reside in Austin, TX, or in any major city in the US.
What you'll do:
- Full-cycle recruitment (sourcing, screening, closing) for multiple roles and teams
- Software Engineering will be the primary focal point for this position.
- Partnering with your client groups to understand priorities, team goals, company culture, position profile, and other key success factors
- Development of robust, multi-channel sourcing strategies that will attract the best in market talent. Specifically in the areas of Software Engineering.
- Handling hiring manager expectations and developing an unbiased and efficient interview process
- Organize strategic recruiting events to help us grow the BigCommerce employment brand within the community through traditional and non-traditional recruiting methods.
- Actively plan outreach campaigns to groups and help us drive brand awareness.
- Conduct research on target companies and candidates, using tools like LinkedIn Recruiter
- Always be mindful in prospecting for DEI applicants to increase DEI top of funnel
- Using a data-driven approach to optimize the hiring funnel
- Building an inclusive workforce
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of experience with full life-cycle recruiting for strong talent across all technical areas.
- Solid understanding of the current talent market in Austin, Texas and San Francisco.
- Previous experience recruiting the "best of the best" talent in the market
- A large network of candidates that you have maintained contact with over the last few years.
- Experience sourcing and engaging top-quality candidates regularly (not just posting to job boards)
- Verbal and written communication
- Strong research skills and the ability to research target companies and candidates, using online resources (LinkedIn, social media, Boolean search queries, etc.) to find passive candidates
- A consultative mentality to diagnose challenges and solve problems
- Experience recruiting within high-growth, start-up environments - coming from SaaS, software, internet, or social media company highly desired
- Strong interviewing skills, both in-person and over the phone -- the ability to identify the very best talent from average talent
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Previous experience using a Candidate Management and/or Applicant Tracking software tool (we use Greenhouse)
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .