BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
Senior Sales Development Representative
Austin, Texas or Remote
Who we are:
BigCommerce is regularly named one of the Best Places to Work in Austin. Our mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of business growth. The BigCommerce solution is:
BUILT FOR GROWTH: merchants can enjoy success without compromise
BUILT FOR POWER: businesses can scale seamlessly with the tech they trust
BUILT FOR AGILITY: efficient in both time and cost
Who we are hiring:
We are looking for a new addition to our Sales Development team to help us as we shape the now - and the future - of ecommerce. This role will ideally be located in our Austin Four Points office, but we will consider remote employees.
About the SDR role:
The Senior “SDR” is a valued contributor to our growth as a company. You'll match with one of our three Sales Development teams and focus either on Small/Medium Businesses, Mid-Market Corporations or Large Enterprises. Regardless of where you land, your focus will be helping to solve problems for companies that haven’t discovered BigCommerce yet.
A typical day will be initiating contact with prospects, determining their needs, suggesting solutions and scheduling next steps. At first, these opportunities will be handed to an Account Executive on your team and you will be compensated for the lead. As you grow more comfortable with the industry and our solutions, numerous pathways for career growth will emerge. We promote heavily from within and have clear, attainable goals to guide your professional development.
How Success is Measured:
First and foremost, a successful SDR generates a solid pipeline of qualified leads that have a strong likelihood of becoming BigCommerce customers.
You will have a quota for a number of leads per month and compensation is directly tied to your achievement. It is also possible to over achieve your goal and benefit from accelerators.
How Success is Achieved:
- Becoming a subject matter expert on BigCommerce products, services, partners and solutions.
- Understanding the attributes of businesses that will benefit from our platform and educating them on our value proposition.
- Performing outbound sales activities (cold calling, messaging, etc.) to engage potential customers.
- Employing proven sales methodologies to push beyond gatekeepers and provide valuable information to key decision makers.
- Adjusting your messaging and tone to fit a variety of audiences and settings.
- Assessing complex business structures and challenges.
- Establishing trust and rapport in order to acquire information that is essential to the sale.
- Selecting an appropriate course of action and/or solution to best fit the needs of each unique prospect.
- Maintaining a CRM with detailed and accurate notes of all sales related activities.
- Developing and tracking forecasts and pipelines--understanding the steps it takes to hit your goals and holding yourself accountable.
- Collaborating with your team to position BigCommerce for meaningful sales wins.
Greatness is inherent in all people; this is a fact to us here at BigCommerce.
No matter your background or personal experiences, we strive to ensure every individual has an equal opportunity to grow - and to smash the limits of your potential!
We offer base salary + monthly commission for the SDR role.
Health benefits begin day one, and we have award-winning Perks and Benefits, such as:
Open vacation policy
Paid volunteer time
Paid parental leave and newborn child sick leave
Ongoing training and development
Fully-stocked kitchens (pre-pandemic)
Remote and hybrid offices (post-pandemic and beyond)