BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Team Lead, Software Engineer looking to move into management. In this role, you’ll help empower merchants and partners to be able to interact with the BigCommerce platform in a safe and secure way. You will lead a team of passionate engineers operating a critical infrastructure for the platform where security, performance and stability are critical for the company’s ongoing success. This position can be fully remote. To be considered, applicants must be based in the United States .
You’ll work closely with other engineering teams, UI designers, and product managers to help assess the scope and technical concerns as well as advocate for best practices that improve software quality. You will partner with lead engineers on your team and others to collaborate on technical designs.
What you’ll do:
- Be both, an active hands-on coder and effective in mentoring people.
- Help drive our technical roadmap and direction of our stack.
- Lead and inspire your team and other engineers to build the most ecommerce platform on the planet
- Work closely with operations while building and scaling back-end services
- Collaborate with PM, engineers, and stakeholders in all corporate offices to promote communication and coordination
- Establish team objectives in alignment with business goals
- Organize and facilitate regular 1:1’s with your team for career growth.
- Build an open, positive, and energized culture
Who You Are:
- BS/MS in CS, CE, SEW, EE or MIS, or equivalent experience
- Passion for building well-defined and performant APIs
- Experience leading, driving and retaining a high-performance team
- Knowledge of caching solutions
- Experience building or managing distributed and/or service-oriented architectures
- Knowledge of functional programming paradigm with reactive design patterns
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Solid UNIX knowledge
Position Work Options:
To be considered for this remote opportunity, the ideal candidate must reside in one of the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky , Louisiana, Maine , Maryland , Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri , Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York State, North Carolina, South Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah , Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Hybrid: “Flexible work from home options available” for those wanting an office environment. Available in Austin, Texas and San Francisco, CA
Our Hiring Processes Might Include
We want to see your problem-solving and analytical skills. Be prepared to write good, clean, scalable code. You don’t need to know our entire stack, but we’re looking for practical experience, someone who can solve production problems in the cloud.
- Recruiter Phone Screen
- Hiring Manager Screening
- Online Code Assessment
- On-site Interview
- Note: Visa Work Authorization Sponsorship Supported