BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
Our highly skilled Merchandising Development team in San Francisco is looking for a Senior Software II The Merchandising team is responsible for storefront customization. We’re building scalable, performant services that enable merchants to create beautiful and personalized storefronts. We’re focused on improving our industry-leading Stencil theming framework and extending its functionality, customized experiences for different clients, and tools that enable targeted marketing of products.
You’ll work on the systems powering BigCommerce’s themes and content creation. You’ll jump into this high-performing team where you’ll be able to contribute both in code as well as in product direction, while providing technical guidance to your teammates.
What you will do
- Build highly-available, highly-performant, redundant, scalable, distributed systems.
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise.
- Work closely with operations and infrastructure to build improve the architecture while building and scaling back-end services
Who You Are
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, MIS or related equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- At least 2 years of professional experience with Ruby / Ruby on Rails
- Experience working on content management systems is a plus
- Experience with React a strong plus, comfort with other frontend frameworks (Angular, jQuery) also helpful
- Experience with GraphQL, RabbitMQ and GRPC
- Experience in developing high performance, scalable and available web services and applications, including improving the observability and monitoring of these services
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and ticketing systems such as JIRA
- Desire to work in a collaborative, open environment on an Agile team as a contributor and mentor
- Highly proactive and results-oriented with excellent critical thinking skills
- Excited to learn new technologies
- Experience with relational databases, distributed queuing systems, and external services integrations
- Experience with e-commerce, SaaS platforms highly desirable
Our Hiring Processes Might Include
We want to see your problem-solving and analytical skills. Be prepared to write good, clean, scalable code. You don’t need to know our entire stack, but we’re looking for practical experience, someone who can solve production problems in the cloud.
- Recruiter Phone Screen
- Hiring Manager Screening
- Online Code Assessment
- Final Team Interview