BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, a “2021 Best Place to Work” in Austin is seeking a Senior Project Manager, Business Systems to work with our local Business Applications team in our exciting Austin Headquarters.
Do you thrive at leading multi-functional teams? Have you mastered continuously improving and leading Agile software development teams and enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced space like e-commerce? Are you a go-getter who loves to get stuff done and passionate about delivering value to end-users? If so, BigCommerce has an invigorating full-time opportunity for someone like you!
Our BizApp Team leads projects/programs across the company.. You’ll be collaborating with both internal customers to help define and execute on our global business roadmap.
What You’ll Do
- Flex your project management skills in scope definition and management, proactive risks, and issues management
- Own communication strategy with the delivery team, multi-functional and executive leadership
- Removing impediments and creating a culture for teams to be able to deliver at their best
- Drive projects from start to finish and deliver value to our merchants on time, within budget and scope
- Assist in the mapping of current and future business processes
- Work with the business to create UAT test cases and success criteria for solutions and enhancements, ensuring functional requirements are met
- Facilitate UAT testing for Salesforce functionality roll-outs
- Prioritize Business requests negotiate with the business on contending requirements
- Lead end-to-end Architecture across multi-functional teams and bring the product/feature vision into reality through superior knowledge of the technology, product, and business goals
- Consult and liaise with partners to gather and confirm business requirements
- Analyze and consolidate information to develop solutions to ensure business requirements are achieved
- Partner with key stakeholders to identify how business requirements can be delivered to ensure improved user experiences and reduced cost and time impacts
- Provide experienced support to key partners in managing system and process changes
- Produce Documented Business Requirement Use Cases
- Create and implement multi-functional accountability across all business and technical groups & levels using soft and hard levers.
- Use a variety of tools like JIRA, Confluence and Google Apps
- Hybrid: “Flexible work from home options available” opportunity to work from home 3 days per-week for those wanting an office environment
Who You Are
- 8+ years of demonstrated ability as a technical project manager project leading medium to large technical projects for Business Applications (Salesforce, Marketo, Billing, ZenDesk, CPQ etc.)
- Experience gathering requirements, managing prioritizations and dependencies and reviewing, assessing, and developing business processes.
- Project management, Agile development, process improvement/quality certifications are desired (e.g. PMP, Lean or Six Sigma, Scrum Master)
- Pragmatic. You have direct experience and understand the awesomeness of Agile and other philosophies & methodologies
- Dedicated. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow-through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, very creative and constantly providing ideas to optimise the process
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues
- Positive. You know that when like-minded, passionate colleagues put their minds to achieving ambitious goals, phenomenal things happen. You bring that positivity & attitude to everything you do
- Problem Solver. You use logic, as well as creativity, to make sense of a situation and come up with a resourceful solution.
- Roll Up Your Sleeves. You have a highly developed, creative and high-reaching aim to get things done in a fast-moving environment where things can (and do!) change quickly, priorities challenge, and you may not always have all of the details up front. Nothing gets by you
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
- Nice to have: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business, Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science