BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a versatile Senior Recruiter (Contractor) to demonstrate their knowledge of competitive markets and their super sleuthy sourcing skills to identify and engage top notch talent with a focus on building outstanding teams. As a full-cycle Recruiter, you'll be responsible for leveraging your extensive candidate network and sourcing abilities, relentless drive and passion for results, and our recruiting tools to find A-players for our growing company.
This is a remote position and the ideal candidate will reside in greater Austin, TX area or in any major city in the US.
What you'll do:
- Identify and recruit top notch talent for a variety of business units teams. You will support teams in Austin, Texas, San Francisco, California and other global locations based on business needs.
- Our ideal candidate will reside in the Austin, Texas Metro area, or is seriously open to relocating to Austin.
- Organize strategic recruiting events to help us grow the BigCommerce employment brand within the community through traditional and non-traditional recruiting methods
- Actively plan outreach to groups and help us drive employee participation in them
- Conduct research on target companies and candidates, leveraging tools like LinkedIn Recruiter, in addition to other online resources
- Always be mindful in prospecting for DEI applicants to increase DEI top of funnel
- High utilization of Beamery ( passive talent relationship management)
- Utilize innovative sourcing strategies to attract the best and brightest talent and work relentlessly to fill active job openings, and build a pipeline of candidates for future needs
- Drives improvements in recruiting process, quality & efficiency
- Collaborate with your Recruiting teammates as well as your partners on our People team (HRBPs, Compensation and People Services))
- 7+ years of experience with full life-cycle recruiting for top talent, ideally for the technology industry, either in house or within an agency
- Previous experience recruiting the "best of the best" talent in the market
- A large network of candidates that you have maintained contact with over the last few years
- Experience sourcing and engaging top quality candidates on a regular basis (not just posting to job boards)
- Strong research skills and the ability to conduct research on target companies and candidates, using online resources (LinkedIn, Boolean search to find passive candidates
- Experience recruiting within high-growth, start-up environments - coming from a software, internet, or social media company highly desired
- A "don't take no" for an answer demeanor
- Strong interviewing skills, both in person and over the phone -- the ability to identify the very best talent from average talent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A builder. You love hiring teams and the impact your role has in advancing an organization.
- A utility player. You’re like a Swiss Army Knife when it comes to recruiting and you’re willing to help out wherever needed.
- A closer. You get to know your candidates as individuals and know what motivates their search so that it all matches up when we are ready to make an offer.
- Fun. You’re flexible, adventurous, and excited to build something outstanding.
- Customer focused. You’re obsessed with providing the best experience for candidates and your internal hiring teams.
- Innovative. You have success stories of creative ways you’ve been able to source candidates and enjoy sharing tips of the trade with your teammates.
- Resourceful. Whether it’s the first time you’ve worked on a search for a unicorn or you’re taking on a project from scratch, you’re like MacGyver with research and a natural curiosity to figure things out.
- Collaborative. You build good relationships with your teammates, hiring teams, and partners in HR, Compensation, and Operations.
- A brand ambassador. You’d be proud to work at a company with a leading product and a culture that receives recognition for being a Best Place to Work in all of our locations. You’d be thrilled to be part of continuing to build that at BigCommerce.