BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is a global software-as-a-service ecommerce platform. Our "Open SaaS" platform powers the creation of beautiful, engaging online stores that grow, adapt, and scale to the needs of the world's most successful B2C and B2B businesses. Successful BigCommerce customers include 50,000+ SMBs, 3,000+ mid-market and large enterprises, 30+ Forbes Global 2000 companies, and leading brands in almost every B2C and B2B category. BigCommerce has traded on the Nasdaq under ticker BIGC since completing an initial public offering in August 2020. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, BigCommerce has offices in San Francisco, Sydney, London, and Kyiv.
BigCommerce, named a "2021 Best Place to Work" in Austin, is hiring its first Vice President, Corporate Strategy. This critical leadership position will be located in our Austin headquarters office and will report directly to the CEO.
This high-profile, global role will participate on our executive leadership team and work with it to develop, articulate, and implement long-term vision for the company, our annual strategic priorities, individual strategic business decisions, and other projects of top importance to the company and future of ecommerce. Working directly with the CEO, who has been a leader in global retail and ecommerce strategy since the early 1990s, the VP, Corporate Strategy will seek to help make BigCommerce the most innovative and successful platform in ecommerce for the next 10 years and beyond.
The Vice President, Corporate Strategy is a senior, individual contributor leadership role dedicated to making BigCommerce the world’s best ecommerce platform for growing businesses. The role will be responsible for a range of responsibilities including those that are ongoing (corporate strategy formulation, articulation, communication), annual (offsite and plan process), periodic (opportunity identification, strategic agenda), and project-based. The role’s focus is on business, not operational, strategy. Responsibilities include:
- Annual company-wide strategy process leadership and coordination.
- Internal and external strategy articulation and communication.
- Opportunity and issue identification, framing, and discussion by the leadership team.
- Agenda setting for strategic projects based on issues and insights from company-wide functional teams, customers, agency and technology partners, industry authorities, and competition.
- Project work on top-priority business opportunities, which will be the bulk of time spent:
- Leadership on individual projects of prioritized company importance.
- Assistance to other company functions on top business and strategic projects within their domains.
- Strategic leadership on select corporate development projects, including M&A, partnerships, and investments.
- Special projects as determined by the CEO, board of directors, and executive team.
- Deep ecommerce technology and ecosystem knowledge gained from acting as a leader in ecommerce at a digital agency or systems integrator, consulting firm, research analyst firm, and/or retailer head of ecommerce.
- Strategic consulting experience, ideally 3+ years at a top firm such as McKinsey, BCG, or Bain. This experience or equivalent is considered crucial to the role.
- Track record of successful strategy development and implementation from direct ownership, agency implementation, and/or advisory.
- Outstanding,proven skills at problem disaggregation, analysis, and problem solving.
- Demonstrated drive toward leadership, recommendations, and solutions.
- Strong ecommerce network of technology solution providers, agencies, and/or merchants.
- Ability to collaborate across functions and seniority levels, influence effectively, and build conviction behind recommendations.
- Strong ability to think and problem tackle from both a theoretical and an analytical standpoint.
- Driven to win and do so by out-innovating and outperforming our competition.
- Global expansion experience and personal familiarity with one or more non-US ecommerce markets.
- Strong business proficiency in terms of P&L management, operational excellence, and organization dynamics.
- Ability to exemplify and lead BigCommerce values:
- Customers First
- Team on a Mission
- Think Big!
- Act with Integrity
- Make a Difference Every Day
- Ability to exemplify and lead BigCommerce culture with “bucket 2” personal contributions
This description is intended to serve as a summary of key duties and responsibilities and may not contain a comprehensive list of activities .
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .