BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce , named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Senior Training Specialist. Reporting to our Manager of Education Services, you are a key member of a team of trainers. As such, you are responsible for the delivery and maintenance of personalized training content for users. This role consistently interacts with our merchants, agency partners, and BigCommerce employees. The ideal candidate is a dedicated educator and facilitator, a leader in both example and instruction, passionate about driving results and providing outstanding value to all partners, and in person instruction for our merchants, partners. By serving as a guide at explaining often sophisticated, technical solutions in a way that connects with learners of all levels of experience, you will be instrumental to your customers’ success.
This is a remote position and the ideal candidate will reside close to London
What You’ll Do
- Use authoritative platform and third party application knowledge to customise and deliver virtual global training on the behalf of BigCommerce for Professional Services & Agency partners
- Instruct our highest valued merchants on all aspects of the BigCommerce platform; including customized solutions
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with all key partners including account executives, solutions architects, account managers and implementation project managers to provide a detailed transition into pre-launch training sessions
- Work with external partners including client partners, project managers, developers, technical partners and executives in Enterprise organizations
- Conduct detailed prioritising calls with merchants to understand their business objectives and functional requirements in order to provide expert recommendations for their personalized training needs
- Collaborate with external and internal partners before, during and after learning sessions to ensure detailed communication, owning the scheduling and administration of the training
- Leading training action plans with enterprise merchants, agency partners, Professional Services, and sales before, during, and after learning sessions
- Act as a subject matter authority with external and internal training materials, staying updated on upcoming product changes and communicating vital amendments and/or revisions, including scripting and storyboarding eLearning and video projects
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of the platform features, third party ecosystem, as well as benefits and differentiators
- Continuously discover and implement new learning techniques and industry standard methodologies to increase efficiency and drive learning through engaging, instructive, and professional training.
- Handle other supervisory and reporting tasks as assigned
Who You Are
- 5-7 years combined experience in SaaS platforms; ideally with a focus in one or more of the following areas: product training (strongly preferred), customer service, content creation, development, or instructional design
- Firm understanding of the BigCommerce platform and the associated partners and players within the eCommerce ecosystem
- Passion for crafting and delivering training content that applies innovative adult learning theory methodologies.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, particularly with regard to accuracy, timeliness, persuasiveness, collaboration across a global, matrixed organizations, and adapting and scaling training initiatives to large groups across multiple locations
- Confidence and courage to work with all internal and external partners; from C-Suite to individual contributor
- Excellent organizational skills (i.e. particularly with regard to handling your projects and time independently in ambiguous and/or constantly evolving environments)
- Ability to work independently and use critical-thinking skills to develop solutions and make sound decisions
- Ability to work with and coordinate demands from multiple internal partners in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to learn quickly and become a subject matter authority on concepts, technology, and learning techniques
- Global travel (50%)
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .