BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named "Best Place to Work", is looking for a Business Development Manager for our Payments & FinTech Partnerships. This role will report to our Director of Business Development for Payments & FinTech, and will start as an individual contributor role. It is highly collaborative and will require working closely with Product, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Legal.
Success in this role will hinge upon your ability to source/evaluate opportunities optimally, bring projects to market swiftly, and lead cross-functional projects strategically.
This position can be performed in Austin, TX, or remotely, depending upon which location the applicant chosen for the role is currently residing. The candidate must live within the US.
What You’ll Do:
Business Development & Commercial Negotiation
- Serve as a key member of the Payments & Fintech Partnership team to help define and deliver on new areas of strategic growth potential within payments & fintech
- Identify, evaluate, and negotiate partnership deals including presentation of deal reviews to leadership team
- Work closely with Product and Tech teams to direct and run integration projects/roadmap
- Work closely with Commercial teams to drive and lead campaigns/initiatives across all payments and fintech partnerships
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of business development, commercial negotiation, and program management
- Experience within a SaaS platform or ecommerce organization
- Self-starter, fast-paced, and creative
- Ability to learn quickly on own and a problem solver
- Strong communicator (written and verbal) and presenter
- Ability to develop and maintain cross functional relationships across the company and act as a connector of different stakeholders within BigCommerce and partner organizations
- Able to travel as needed
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .