BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2021” Best Place to Work'‘ in San Francisco is looking for a full-time Software Engineer II - Elastic Search in our downtown San Francisco office. This growing team is responsible for the design, development and operation of software that allows our customers to index and search in a secure, responsive, and reliable environment.
BigCommerce offers a dynamic, collaborative environment, helping you expand your skills and take ideas from inception to delivery.
What You’ll Do:
- Produce bullet-proof code that is robust, efficient and maintainable. Our primary language is PHP
- Work on challenging problems such as query optimization, performance optimization while adhere to security protocols
- Work closely with operations and infrastructure to improve the architecture while building and scaling back-end services
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Participate in code reviews to maintain and improve quality
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in CS, EE, SW, CE, MIS; or equivalent experience or completed either a comprehensive software engineering boot camp
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- Professional experience with PHP
- Experience with principles of continuous integration and designing, implementing, and taking ownership of various tasks across development cycle
- Experience in developing high performance, scalable and available web services, and applications
- A team player who works close with stakeholders, pod leaders and other teams to promote communication and collaboration
- Enjoys working on solving challenging problems in a fun collaborative environment
- Highly proactive and results oriented with excellent critical thinking and communications skills
- Elastic Search experience with knowledge of Elastic Search clusters structure and index configurations is highly desired
- Experience with ecommerce, SaaS platforms highly preferred