BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce is disrupting the ecommerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth. The Director, PR and Corporate Communications will be responsible for leading the charge in raising BigCommerce’s awareness through storytelling for business, consumer and internal audiences. As a corporate spokesperson, you will be expected to not only refine the company narrative, but communicate that narrative in a compelling way that drives top-of-funnel interest. This role will be a high-impact leadership position that will collaborate closely and strategically with executive leaders across the company.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead BigCommerce’s global communications strategy, partnering closely with regional management and functional teams globally to drive forward corporate brand awareness.
- Support expansion into new markets through thoughtful planning and execution that secures media interest, drives increased brand awareness and maintains consistent conversation in all local markets.
- Develop and implement strategies to communicate company news and information related to the company’s culture and mission, corporate milestones, and new product and partner initiatives to both internal and external audiences.
- Oversee a customer reference and case study program, and work closely with the program manager to build customer advocacy and participation across relevant sales and marketing activities.
- Lead media relations and corporate communications for all financial events, including quarterly earnings, investor days, annual report, disclosures and filings, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Grow the internal communications function at BigCommerce alongside our People Team, helping to effectively communicate and reinforce corporate strategy and updates through a dynamic and rapidly scaling organization.
- Build, mentor and motivate a collaborative high-performing team of PR professionals and agencies.
Who You Are:
- A demonstrated senior leader who has executed global communications plans in an organization with varied priorities; ideally 10+ years building and scaling international communications programs across technology/B2B, corporate and product.
- You can articulate fluency in financial and technical conversations, and have experience working at a public company. Technology/B2B software, and/or ecommerce experience is strongly preferred.
- You are comfortable advising senior leadership and executives in messaging and communication strategies..
- Your superpower is your ability to handle multiple time-sensitive projects and thrive in a dynamic environment.
- You have a track record of leading and executing a comprehensive strategic communications program on a global scale.
- You are a skilled written and verbal communicator, who is comfortable writing and editing content, distilling complex narratives into compelling stories, and presenting to large groups of people both in person and over video conferencing tools.
- You are a natural relationship builder who is able to seamlessly toggle between strategic conversations with executives and tactical discussions with program managers, agency partners and direct reports.
- You are a born leader and motivator with at least 5+ years as a people manager.
- You are an effective prioritizer who has strong time management skills, and can work on tight deadlines, adjust quickly to changing priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives.
- You consider yourself equal parts left- and right-brained. You are not scared of thinking creatively about programmatic activities, but still rely heavily on quantitative measurement to reinforce team accountability and inform decision-making.