BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
We are seeking a full-time Financial Analyst II who will be responsible for serving as a trusted partner on financial matters to the division you will be assigned to support. You will analyze data and develop recommendations that will drive business decisions and BigCommerce’s growth. The FP&A team at BigCommerce provides the opportunity to work on a diverse set of projects outside of normal responsibilities, enabling extensive full P&L and widespread FP&A experience. Over the past three years, some of the items the FP&A team contributed to include: raising a funding round, initial and secondary public offering, changes to pricing structure, and informing a shift in operational strategy.
This is a remote position and the ideal candidate will reside in Austin, TX, or in any major city in the US.
What You’ll Do
- Assist in monthly forecasting and in the annual strategic planning process
- Develop and report both company and departmental metrics to be reviewed by the senior leadership team
- Perform monthly P&L forecasts and variance analyses
- Perform monthly workforce planning and headcount analysis
- Perform analysis in collaboration with the analytics team and provide actionable insights to leadership
- Perform ad hoc ROI analysis and develop recommendations on next steps
- Be a trusted business partner and collaborate across multiple functions of the organization in matters related to financial planning & analysis.
- Assist in ad hoc projects (example of project types):
- Preparing models to inform the Company on strategic partner and commercial opportunities,
- Product pricing/promotion analysis,
- Develop and revise internal and external Company key performance indicators
- System integration (Host Analytics, Tableau),
- Preparing models to assist in incremental investment decisions and expansion projects,
- Global facilities analysis
Who You Are
- BS or BA in Accounting, Finance or Economics, or relevant work experience
- 1+ years of experience in forecasting, budgeting, operations, data analysis, and reporting
- Experience with incentive compensation policy plan design and effectiveness
- Strong analytical, logical, and problem solving skills (will be subject to a case study)
- Exceptional Excel modeling skills (will be subject to Excel test)
- Strong attention to detail with focus on accuracy
- Strong data presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills with a creative outlook on how to get results
- Ability to partner and influence business leaders - proven teamwork skills
- Passion for making an impact
- SQL, Tableau, and Host Analytics experience (or other FP&A software) a plus
- Previous SAAS or eCommerce experience a plus
- CPA or Public Accounting a plus