BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce is seriously growing its information security team, get in whilst the Security team is still small, and you’ll have the ability to influence the culture and direction moving forward.
As the BigCommerce ecommerce SaaS platform handles information at a large scale, we need to anticipate and protect against attackers targeting BigCommerce or our customers.
Our engineers are called on to wear many hats, you’ll be very well rounded, with experience as a software developer, penetration tester, and able to work independently to provide technical expertise to other software developers.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in San Francisco is looking for a full-time Application Security Engineer II who wants to make an impact to every level of society through powering innovators, creative thinkers, entrepreneurs and business owners around the world to be successful at each stage of their business.
** To be considered applicants must reside in the United States**
What you’ll do
- Respond to information security incidents, providing technical expertise and enable response
- Provide security guidance and experience to BigCommerce engineering teams
- Review project technical designs and stay involved through their implementation to assist BigCommerce engineering staff with the finer points of application security
- Help build internal security tooling, to enable us to be more proactive. Employs data to help generate insights into threats, driving towards conclusions that allow for better prioritization and solutioning
- Mentoring team members in best practice around information security standards
- Regular and ongoing pen testing of BigCommerce’s growing environment
- Evangelize security within BigCommerce and be an advocate for BigCommerce customers
- Protect BigCommerce Merchants, Shoppers, and the company
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in CS, EE or MIS; or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of how the web works, Web Application Security concepts, exploits, and threat prevention
- Skills to Test, Triage, review, and provide recommendations for vulnerabilities
- 3 plus years of experience in application security related fields (code reviews, penetration testing, security engineering, DevSecOps etc.)
- Passionate about security and willingness to learn, unlearn and relearn if necessary
- Strong communicator with a bias towards honesty and transparency
- Experience with Bug bounties, speaking at conferences, blogging, etc. is appreciated
- Nice to have software development experience in PHP, Ruby, Java, or similar relatable technology; The ability to explain security issues to developers, engineers, and management
- Nice to have one/many certifications such as GXPN, OSCP, OSCE, CEH