BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a highly-motivated Sr. Manager, Strategic Partnerships with expertise and passion This role will have an incredible impact on the ongoing success of the Strategic Business Development (SBD) team, create merchant value through world-class partnerships, and to drive the future innovation in revenue generation at BigCommerce. The Sr. Manager, Strategic Partnerships will own the vision and success of our Backoffice partner ecosystem including ERPs, PIMs, iPaaS, and other back office partners, and also lead a small team of ERP Business Consultants that manage the day-to-day partner/VAR relationship.
What You’ll Do
- Own the strategy to grow our fastest-growing and revenue (MRR) generating strategic partnerships in the ERP vertical.
- Be a thought-leader and SME, both internally and externally, on back office solutions focused on the eCommerce industry
- Identify, acquire, and onboard new partners to continually mature the quality of the back office portfolio of partnerships
- Successfully manage mutual lead generation processes by collaborating effectively with Partner Marketing and Merchant Success teams.
- Develop and maintain accurate reports including pipeline, forecast, leads, opportunities and closed won reports.
- Work closely with the SBD leadership team to identify areas of strategic growth potential, leveraging their experience and category expertise to guide prospecting and partnership development.
- Launch, lead, and grow the co-sell and resell engagement with the growing VAR network of our ERP/back office partners.
- Lead and grow a small team (2-3) of high-performing ERP Business Consultants, while building the foundation for future growth
- Travel as needed to prospect for new partners and meet with partners to develop strong, successful relationships.
Who You Are
- Channel Management Experience: 8+ years experience managing partners (ideally in ecommerce) and coordinating and designing integration co-marketing programs with partners to drive merchant awareness and revenue growth in a high volume, fast-paced environment. Plus 3+ years management experience.
- Back office acumen - You have experience in the back office vertical, specifically working with ERP, PIM, and OMS ecosystems.
- Strategic - You thrive on challenges, are agile, possess a great deal of perspective and have a clear vision, tolerance for risk, and ability to navigate ambiguous situations.
- Master Negotiator - You are a great salesperson who will be the role-model of excellence for the team. Your experience will allow you and others to skillfully negotiate wins internally and externally while maintaining strong relationships.
- Business Acumen - You're proficient and opinionated on processes and tools required to create scaled success. You’re experienced in aligning partner motivations with desired business outcomes to build creative programs that drive Partner + BigC KPIs.
- Master Communicator - You provide the information to the right people at the right time in the right way, adjusting your approach to fit the audience and setting (one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, direct reports, and leaders inside and outside the organization). Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client / partner relationship skills are critical.
- Creativity - Creative solution designer and seller, aligning partner motivations and KPIs to build and execute successful, mutually profitable programs.
- Collaboration - Collaborative cross-functional player/coach
- Comfortable using technology - Strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.