BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce , named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Senior Payroll Specialist to deliver global payroll administration. Position is responsible for execution of all tasks necessary to accomplish BigCommerce’s payroll administration objectives as well as supporting employee data management activities in HRIS systems. This position serves as the point of contact for payroll and related HR Payroll Policy execution.
What You’ll Do
- Administer, reconcile and audit global payroll for 700+ employees (hourly, non-exempt, exempt, commissioned, executive) in multiple countries and multiple payroll systems. Includes: processing of employee changes, record maintenance, time and attendance system management, etc. to ensure accuracy and timely execution.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Proactively researching changing legal requirements to ensure compliance in advance of go live.
- Responding in a professional manner to complex payroll questions from employees and managers with a high sense of urgency.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.)
- Facilitate payroll activities from the annual salary review process.
- Audit systems and review employee related data, make recommendations to processes to ensure accuracy so that policies are being met and tax forms are processed timely.
- Manage Garnishments, Verification of employments and unemployment claims professionally, timely and in accordance with the guidelines stated within each document and as per state or federal guidelines.
- Lead internal and external payroll audits with a high degree of excellence
- Key stakeholder in ongoing projects including system implementations, conversions, auditing, testing and any other related projects that may arise.
- Ensuring internal processes and procedures are maintained to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) making recommendations when necessary
- Extracting, reviewing, auditing, and saving payroll related reports for historical and compliance purposes.
- Responsible for ensuring that escalated benefits issues are properly addressed
- Partner and interact with HRBP’s, People Services, Payroll, Finance, Culture & Diversity and various external vendors in the deployment and administration of global payroll
- Lead the presentations at meetings and training employees of any payroll related material
- Maintain a good understanding of ever- changing law and regulations through self- research and training
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by producing accurate payrolls and keeping information confidential.
- Continually identify opportunities to improve the employee experience and the operational efficiencies.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Who Are You
- 7+ years HR Systems/Global Payroll experience ideally in a high-tech environment, global/multi-location experience preferred.
- CPP Certification strongly preferred
- Foundational knowledge and understanding of HRIS, Payroll, Compensation and like processes.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Experience with Bamboo HR & Insperity preferred.
- Solid international knowledge of payroll-related laws especially for the Australia, & United Kingdom
- Capability to apply discretion and sound judgment in managing processes, decisions and handling sensitive information.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to work within compressed timeframes and embrace the sense of urgency, innovation and resourcefulness required in a fast-paced company.
- Comfortable working hands-on to get things done and quickly shifting to complex strategy discussions.
- Can accomplish results and desired outcomes through formal and informal corporate structures.
- Exceptional client relationship skills.
- Strong analytical skills - the ability to synthesize data and develop insights.