BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
We are seeking a Sales Trainer in Austin to serve as a key member of the team leading our sales process training and coaching program. Drawing from proven effective sales techniques, you’ll deliver specialized individualized 1-to-1 training and coaching to sales reps in all stages of their career to ensure world class prospect experience and sales results.
This is a hands-on role in which you will be will be responsible for training and coaching BigCommerce sales reps on how to accomplish specific, targeted, performance goals, so you must have exemplary knowledge of sales process implementation, execution, reinforcement and refinement as well as a passion for helping salespeople become absolutely awesome.
What You’ll Do:
- Review and improve our current sales process / training methodology - make strategic recommendations that help us drive to world-class sales process and results
- Own New Hire Sales Process Training
- Build out a scalable call monitoring program that quantifies and calibrates call skill performance and identifies opportunities for improvement
- Work with Sales Leadership Team to identify organizational coaching priorities in addition to providing individual representative call coaching
- Work with Sales Leadership & the Learning/Development team to identify areas of opportunity, metrics, and behaviors to coach and monitor
- Coordinate with Sales Leadership and the Learning/ Development team to develop or source best-in-class sales skill training
- Assist sales manager with driving adoption of processes and key metrics
- Directly engage front-line sales team members to teach, mentor, coach and drive the sales process
- Engage and assist sales reps on active opportunities as needed
- Work with Sales Enablement to prepare and organize digital and or physical job aids or other materials required to facilitate the learning process
- Facilitate the collection, sharing, and archiving of sales best practices
- Onboard and ramp new sales reps
- Post-training follow-up and reinforcement
- Conduct regularly recurring coaching sessions with their assigned reps
- Coach and assist reps with the activities and action items in their assigned coaching plans
- Live monitor and evaluate sales calls with sales team members daily
- Update, maintain, and report out on rep coaching logs
Who You Are:
- 3+ years relevant Sales experience, background in sales and sales process training a strong plus
- A sales professional with extensive inside sales experience and strong grasp of common sales processes, sales methodologies, and fundamental selling skills
- Communicator with strong interpersonal and relationship skills and the ability to build trust with and motivate others.
- Role model who is passionate about helping others, driving sales results and providing exceptional value to internal stakeholders
- Passionate about sales, sales process training and exceptional execution
- Great balance of strategic mindset with incredible hands-on presence
- Strong abilities to both quantifiably and qualifiably build our sales training and coaching program
- A difference maker who LOVES helping a team to WIN
- Highly computer literate and tech savvy
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills, particularly around problem resolution, communication, presentation, and facilitation