BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is disrupting the ecommerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast-growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth. As the Senior Product Marketing Manager - Omnichannel , you will help define the vision and roadmap for Omnichannel initiatives and lead our Omnichannel go-to-market strategy. You will partner closely with Omnichannel Partner’ Managers and Marketers to identify new market opportunities and define messaging. You will help lead marketing strategies and motions to drive adoption of our Omnichannel solutions. The ideal candidate is an expert on enterprise and mid-market ecommerce and omnichannels, with demonstrated skill in using that expertise to influence product and partner roadmaps and to develop messaging to maximize the effectiveness of sales and marketing teams. You are a strategic thinker who can drive where we’re going tomorrow, yet are strong cross-functionally to drive results today. The ideal candidate must have a heritage in enterprise / mid-market ecommerce, messaging and positioning, pricing and packaging, and international experience. This position is highly visible with the executive team where you’ll be expected to focus on successful outcomes for one of our key initiatives. To be successful in this role you must have experience and success in driving product marketing for other enterprise and mid-market ecommerce solutions.
This is a remote position and the ideal candidate will reside in Austin, TX, San Francisco, CA, or any major city in the US.
What You Will Do
Be the customer expert, to help drive adoption of our products
- Serve as a key expert on Omnichannel enterprise / mid-market ecommerce customers, building an understanding of their personas, needs, and the purchase decision process, both in the US and in major international markets.
- Initiate market research and monitor technology news and trends, ecosystem developments, and competitive moves that influence customer needs.
- Be a go-to-market expert: work with the marketing team (including PR, comms, partner, acquisition, and engagement) to develop messaging for cross-channel campaigns to drive successful adoption of the platform and the features associated with the platform, and ultimately drive up revenue and NPS.
- Have a strong understanding of what is needed in the enterprise / mid-market omnichannel sales cycle to land brand-named opportunities.
- Drive messaging, pricing and packaging decisions that optimize adoption of our Omnichannel solutions.
- You will need to possess strong story-telling, communications, writing, and interpersonal skills.
Influence product and business development decisions to meet the needs of our customers
- Use your understanding of the competition and ecosystem, coupled with an understanding of our product, to influence product and business development decisions.
- Demonstrate skill at preparing business cases and gaining cross-functional alignment in order to help build and grow new products/services that help BigCommerce dominate the ecommerce industry. Prior experience in a strategic function (e.g management consulting) will be helpful here, but also requires an aptitude in diving into execution as well.
- Lead cross-functional efforts across Business Development, Sales, Marketing, and Product to build Omnichannel GTM plans and drive market success.
- As an experienced Omnichannel Product Marketing Manager, you will need to partner with Product Management and Business Development to provide feedback and insights for roadmap generation using strong customer and market insights where the outcome you drive is to execute powerful and impactful launches.
Who You Are
- Experienced and passionate about Omnichannel ecommerce is a must!
- 5+ years of experience developing and executing omnichannel product messaging and positioning, ideally including 3+ years of business-to-business marketing experience
- Experience in Omnichannel, ROAS and ecommerce marketing, preferably within a social selling or online marketplace environment
- Experience in driving pricing and packaging strategy in SaaS environments
- Deep understanding of the mid-market/enterprise ecommerce space,
- Passion for defining and launching products in matrixed, multi-channel and rapidly changing environments.
- Strong marketing, strategic, and creative thinking (benefits marketing/customer orientation)
- Bachelor degree in Marketing or other related field, MBA a plus
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .