BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
As a merchant's business grows and changes, the sales channels on which they sell their products will grow and change as well. This can include adding new online storefronts, changing a POS system, adding an international marketplace, etc. In order to enable merchants to create and manage these sales channels in the way that makes sense for their business, we need to allow merchants to move their sales channels through various lifecycle stages in a consistent, expected manner. Channel Types: Storefront, POS (Point of Sale), Marketplaces and Marketing (Ads and Social).
You’ll work closely with other engineering teams, UI designers, and product managers to help assess the scope and technical concerns as well as advocate for best practices that improve software quality.
**To be considered applicants must reside in the United States**
What You’ll Do:
- Build beautiful, scalable products and be an expert in the front-end domain
- Build high-performance, maintainable user interfaces using the latest web technologies
- Advocate for modern development practices and tools
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and timelines
- Build new features with a focus on testability and extensibility
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Participate in code reviews to maintain and improve quality
- Support an open, positive, and energized culture
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security
Who You Are:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in CS, EE, SW, CE or MIS; or equivalent experience
- Strong debugging abilities across all major browsers
- Strong skills in HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with CSS preprocessors such as SCSS or LESS
- Experience in building mobile first & responsive web
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs
- Understand pattern libraries and design systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
Our Hiring Processes Might Include:
We want to see your problem-solving and analytical skills. Be prepared to write good, clean, scalable code. You don’t need to know our entire stack, but we’re looking for practical experience, someone who can solve production problems in the cloud.
- Recruiter Phone Screen
- Hiring Manager Screening
- Online Code Assessment
- Final Team Interview
- Note: Visa Work Authorization Sponsorship Supported and Relocation Assistance Provided