BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
As a merchant's business grows and changes, the sales channels on which they sell their products will grow and change as well. This can include adding new online storefronts, changing a POS system, adding an international marketplace, etc. In order to enable merchants to create and lead these sales channels in the way that makes sense for their business, we need to allow merchants to move their sales channels through various lifecycle stages in a consistent, encouraged manner. Channel Types: Storefront, POS (Point of Sale), Marketplaces and Marketing (Ads and Social).
You’ll work closely with other engineering teams, UI designers, and product managers to help assess the scope and technical concerns as well as advocate for best practices that improve software quality.
**To be considered applicants must reside in the United States**
What you’ll do:
- Be both, an active hands-on coder and effective in mentoring people
- Drive the technical roadmap and direction of our stack.
- Lead and encourage your team and other specialists to build the best eCommerce platform on the planet
- Work closely with operations while building and scaling back-end services
- Collaborate with PM, engineers, and stakeholders in all corporate offices to promote communication and coordination
- Establish team objectives in alignment with business goals
- Prioritize and facilitate regular 1:1’s with your team for coaching and mentoring
- Build an open, positive, and energized culture
Who You Are:
- BS/MS in CS, CE, SEW, EE or MIS, or equivalent experience
- Passion for building well-defined and performant APIs.
- Experience leading, driving, and retaining a high-performance team.
- Knowledge of gRPC, RabbitMQ, and familiarity with caching solutions
- Experience building or managing distributed and/or service-oriented architectures
- Knowledge of functional programming paradigm with reactive design patterns
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Validated UNIX knowledge
Hybrid: “Flexible work from home options available” for those wanting an office environment. Available in Austin, Texas
Our Hiring Processes Might Include
We want to see your problem-solving and analytical skills. Be prepared to write good, clean, scalable code. You don’t need to know our entire stack, but we’re looking for practical experience, someone who can tackle production problems in the cloud.
- Recruiter Phone Screen
- Hiring Manager Screening
- Online Code Assessment
- Final Team Interview
- Note: Visa Work Authorization Sponsorship Supported and Relocation Assistance Provided
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .