BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce is seeking a Senior Technical Recruiter (Contractor) to support its Product Engineering teams. As a Senior Technical Recruiter, you are an advisor, hunter, and closer. You'll develop sourcing strategies that will help our teams hit their ambitious goals. From sourcing and screening to crafting long-term consultative partnerships with our teams, this role will be key to driving the expansion and growth of our internal BigCommerce community. S/he will be expected to recruit and hire world-renowned Saas candidates. This person will need to be well-versed in all aspects of talent acquisition including client management and offer negotiation, candidate development, generation, and creative sourcing.
What you'll do:
- Full-cycle recruitment (sourcing, screening, closing) for multiple roles and teams
- Software Engineering will be the primary focal point for this position.
- Partnering with your client groups to understand priorities, team goals, company culture, position profile, and other key success factors
- Development of robust, multi-channel sourcing strategies that will attract the best in market talent. Specifically in the areas of Software Engineering.
- Managing hiring manager expectations and developing an unbiased and efficient interview process
- Organize strategic recruiting events to help us grow the Bigcommerce employment brand within the community through traditional and non-traditional recruiting methods.
- Actively plan outreach campaigns to groups and help us drive brand awareness.
- Conduct research on target companies and candidates, leveraging tools like LinkedIn Recruiter
- Always be mindful in prospecting for DEI applicants to increase DEI top of funnel
- Using a data-driven approach to optimize the hiring funnel
- Building an inclusive workforce
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of experience with full life-cycle recruiting for strong talent across all technical areas.
- Strong understanding of the current talent market in Austin, Texas and San Francisco.
- Previous experience recruiting the "best of the best" talent in the market
- A large network of candidates that you have maintained contact with over the last few years.
- Experience sourcing and engaging top-quality candidates regularly (not just posting to job boards)
- Verbal and written communication
- Strong research skills and the ability to research target companies and candidates, leveraging online resources (LinkedIn, social media, Boolean search queries, etc.) to find passive candidates
- A consultative mindset to diagnose challenges and problem solve
- Experience recruiting within high-growth, start-up environments - coming from SaaS, software, internet, or social media company highly desired
- Strong interviewing skills, both in-person and over the phone -- the ability to identify the very best talent from average talent
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience using a Candidate Management and/or Applicant Tracking software tool (we use Greenhouse)