BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 Best Place to Work in Austin, is looking for a talented Senior Designer to join our design team! Designers at BigCommerce are responsible for the creation and maintenance of high-quality, publication ready content in support of our merchant and partner engagement goals. While designers collaborate with all teams at BigCommerce, the relationship between Marketing and Design will be critical for the success of this role.
What You’ll Do
- With oversight and direction, you will contribute to complex projects that do not have clearly defined direction. With minimal oversight, you will lead and contribute to lower-complexity projects that have a clearly defined direction, delivering high-conversion solutions that align with previously determined standards and patterns as well as industry best-practices. Projects may be multi-phased, requiring a degree of thoughtfulness and judgement in how solutions are operationalized and brought to market.
- You will validate the necessary collateral and documentation with stakeholders/engineering partners and deliver all necessary states and interactions with a high-degree of clarity.
- You will draw from previous experiences to suggest the appropriate methodologies and processes for a given project, and will articulate the value of processes and standards to cross-functional teammates.
- You will identify when existing patterns require optimization and/or when new patterns need to be created. You will actively assist business partners in identifying use-cases and requirements for marketing collateral/experience being developed.
- You will proactively reach out to cross-functional partners to understand business needs, communicate status, inform about work, and help to resolve roadblocks or issues.
- You will proactively schedule reviews and checkpoints with Design leadership to ensure quality.
- You may be asked to provide instruction and guidance to more-junior designers on a project-by-project basis.
Who You Are
- Senior-level designer with Bachelor's degree and 5+ years experience. Experience may come from outside of commerce or B2B but should demonstrate strength in visual communication and a customer-centered mindset.
- You feel passionately that design is a craft and a critical part of the overall marketing strategy. You demonstrate strength in visual communication with a customer-centered mindset.
- You are a role model of team and company values and you motivate design peers by demonstrating curiosity, support, and enthusiasm for the work of others.
- You are a strong communicator within the design team, always looking for ways to keep things positive, focused and productive. You are quick to help others and are able to discern when design leadership should be involved/consulted.
- You receive feedback in an objective manner and look for opportunities to improve your performance as well as the performance and impact of your functional team.
- You motivate cross-functional team members by persuasively presenting work and articulating the positive customer and business impact.
- You demonstrate user empathy based on industry-best practices as well as project-based user-insights.
- You understand ecommerce and our company business model and are able to project your knowledge and experience across multiple projects and functional areas.
- You are able to identify, craft, and advocate for solutions that have high impact to our users while also best supporting our company’s business model.