BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
Our Infrastructure team is made up of dedicated and enthusiastic individuals who have a huge amount of experience in the running, leading, and scaling of large-scale web operations and systems administration. The team works closely with the rest of our Engineering organization to ensure that the platform powering BigCommerce remains reliable, performant, and secure
BigCommerce, named a 2022 "Best Place to Work" in Austin is looking for a Data Infrastructure Engineer II, you will be responsible for ensuring the Bigcommerce Data platform is available, reliable, and fast at all times. You will be responsible for the 24x7 operation of our Data Engineering infrastructure and services.
Our Data infrastructure runs in AWS and GCP. It consists of Apache Kafka, Apache HBase, Apache Airflow, Filebeat, Kafka Streams, Terraform, Puppet, Redshift, Snowflake, etc.
What You’ll Do:
- You have excellent analytical skills & intuition in solving problems in 24x7 production environments
- You are passionate about operating and maintaining large-scale systems
- You thrive in multitasking among concurrent problems, including issue triage and prioritization
- You drive issues to completion, marshaling resources in fast-paced situations.
- Your systems and scripts are clean, well-documented, and comprehensible
- Ensure our Data platform exceeds goals for availability, capacity, efficiency, scalability, and performance
- Support our production Data infrastructure on AWS and GCP cloud
- Performance analysis and tuning, service capacity planning and demand forecasting
- Proactive monitoring of system stats and application logs to identify & prevent potential issues
- Respond to production incidents across triaging, troubleshooting and remediation.
- Apply your expertise of systems administration and networking to improve operating procedures
- Ensure staging and development environments are representative of production
- Manage backups, configurations, documentation, monitoring, logging
- Perform periodic on-call duty as part of a team
Who You Are:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in CS, EE, or MIS; or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of total experience
- Experience with IaaS technologies and virtualization: GCP and AWS
- 1+ years’ experience operating and troubleshooting an enterprise Linux production environment, including load balancing, caching, CDNs, and clustering technologies
- Experience with Docker containers, Terraform, and Puppet/Chef
- Experience with common monitoring tools such as New Relic, Graphite, and Prometheus
- Experience in benchmarking and performance evaluation of various permutations of hardware and software
- A phenomenal teammate, fast learner, with a focus on getting things done
- Experience administering and maintaining Kafka and Airflow is desirable
- Knowledge of machine learning
- Experience of GCP and Puppet would be a huge plus
Our Hiring Processes Might Include
We want to see your problem-solving and analytical skills. Be prepared to write good, clean, scalable code. You don’t need to know our entire stack, but we’re looking for practical experience, someone who can tackle production problems in the cloud.
- Recruiter Phone Screen
- Hiring Manager Screening
- Online Code Assessment
- Final Team Interview
- Note: Visa Work Authorization Sponsorship Supported and Relocation Assistance Provided
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .