BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
Our global team of engineers works from our Austin, San Francisco, Sydney and Kyiv offices and are focused on building the right product for our customers in the right way. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores, at a fraction of the cost of our more heavyweight competitors, to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Sydney is looking for Software Engineers who want to make an impact at every level of society by powering innovators, creative thinkers, entrepreneurs and business owners around the world to be successful at each stage of their business’ growth.
**To be considered applicants must reside in Australia**
What you’ll do:
Our core programming languages include PHP, Scala, Ruby and TypeScript but we’re more interested in your problem-solving skills and your willingness to learn than your specific experience.
We work in a service-oriented environment hosted on the Google Cloud Platform. We already have a lot of nice things in place in terms of build and deployment tools to get code out there several times a day; experimentation and metrics gathering so we can make smart choices; and monitoring, so we know when something goes wrong.
We work closely with other engineering teams, product owners, designers, business representatives and external partners to build a robust e-commerce platform that enables our customers to grow their businesses and our technology partners to build robust integrations and enhancements on top of our APIs. We have a team of people at different levels and with different expertise and we work to iterate, learn, and build great software together.
Who You Are:
- You’re a trusted engineer who has completed either a comprehensive software engineering boot camp, CS or equivalent degree, or has relevant work experience
- You have a solid understanding of modern programming and design principles. You write tested, maintainable code that you are proud of and you are committed to keeping code quality high
- You are passionate and knowledgeable on modern technologies and tools, without being biased toward a specific technology. You’re more interested in finding the right tools and patterns for the job
- You’re an excellent communicator. You can explain not just your ideas, but the reasons behind them, and you’re comfortable to do that in person, over Slack or email, or in a code review
- You enjoy being part of a supportive and collaborative team that is focused on building a product that will delight customers
- You own your work and hold yourself responsible for results
- You love to teach as well as to learn. You don't hesitate to ask for help and are always ready to provide help when needed because you want the whole team to grow
- You enjoy your work and the team you work with. You think terrible puns are funny and you would poke fun at your manager because they can’t spell
Salary, Plus Super, Plus Equity
Posted 5, August 2021