BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce , named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, TX, is looking for an Enterprise Solutions Architect. The successful candidate specializes in evaluating business requirements turning them into solutions or products and also has equally impressive people and technical skills in addition to thriving at solving problems with a steadfast urge to learn. Well respected by technical and non-technical individuals, this person is an influential leader, mentor, manager and engineer and will rely on strong consultative skills to help our Enterprise customers during onboarding and throughout the customer lifecycle.
This is a remote position and the ideal candidate will reside in Austin, TX, or in any major city in the US.
What You Will Do
- Serve in the role of product domain authority to assist the Customer Success Management team by providing technical expertise, assistance with solving issues, and identifying expansion opportunities.
- Perform analysis and provide systems architecture solutions and demonstrating new, existing, and emerging services, technologies, and platforms in a services and fast-paced environment.
- Identify and translate customer needs into a clear set of requirements for downstream feasibility and estimation.
- Collaborate with Customer Success Managers and customers to drive solution estimates, develop overall implementation plan, and serve as a technical authority to implement solutions.
- Provide expert-level support for cloud and hybrid cloud use cases.
- Prioritize additional technical resources within the organization to address client needs when vital.
- Provide technical advice regarding architectural questions, solution deployment prerequisites and features to clients and internal partners.
- Understand how to conduct requirements, design, implementation, and operations phases of a project.
- Perform POC on new use cases to propose and craft solutions as per business-technical needs.
- Design, develop, and deliver project engagements (complete lifecycle).
- Work with Product Management to help drive appropriate product improvements.
- Perform consultative, solutions-based design for business clients who desire outsourced infrastructure options to improve their own technical capabilities.
- Provide consultative services based on prospect’s requirements and available product offerings.
- You will work with the CSS team, when needed, in a pre/post-sales technical process: installation, deployment, training, technical check-ups, and partner concern management.
- Developing technical and architectural roadmaps and using them to proactively drive new technology adoption.
- Mentor, train and supervise developers.
- Work with Global teams as required.
- A hands-on analyst, technologist, and architect who has deep experience developing and delivering enterprise solutions on cloud platforms. The architect will have responsibility to develop an overall architecture for the solution; for ensuring the completeness of the architecture, in terms of adequately addressing all the partners needs.
- Work with customers to understand their business objectives and functional requirements and lead the technical efforts to ensure the successful implementation of those requirements to achieve stated business objectives.
- Analyze current trends in the ecommerce industry and the technology architecture field and provide recommendations and training.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a technical field (e.g., engineering) or equivalent required.
- 4+ years of software development experience or technical support experience.
- 7+ years of proven experience in architecting and implementing integration solutions around key technologies.
- 3+ years of proven experience successfully leading and implementing SaaS implementation projects from pre-sales to customer success including solution scoping and gap analysis, enterprise cloud systems integration, data migration, customer launch, and technical operations and troubleshooting.
- 3+ years management experience is preferred.
- Expertise in architecting commercial-scale cloud systems using IaaS, PaaS or SaaS infrastructure.
- Understanding of various database architectures (RDBMS, NoSQL, Document database, etc.)
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs, SOA/Web Services, ecommerce, content management systems, internet security standards, and fraud prevention.
- Strong understanding of other services and services providers in the following Cloud service layers: IaaS (AWS, Google, etc.), Saas (Salesforce, SuccessFactors, etc.), Paas (Azure, Amazon AWS, Google App Engine).
- Sophisticated understanding and experience integrating with and crafting for SaaS providers.
- Strong abilities in the implementation of security standards in code such as OAuth, SAML, and other Tokenization and authentication methods and systems; understanding of security, SSO and federation technologies as applied cloud infrastructure.
- Proficient with common office applications, including MS Office Suite, Lucid Charts, Salesforce, and Project Management software.
- Periodic travel will likely be required.
- Excellent communications skills – both verbal and writing with experience producing requirements and design documentation to be used as inputs to design/development and SOWs.