BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is searching for a Senior Software Engineer to help drive Developer Enablement. You will join the new and exciting Developer Tooling Platform Team that is looking to grow and expand. We are currently a small distributed team that engages with the entire Engineering organization by crafting and maintaining platform tools that enable BigCommerce Engineers to work faster and to be less encumbered by technical burdens.
To be considered applicants must reside in the United States.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and maintain a broad area of tooling that drives engineering efficiency
- Work with cloud hosted technologies to provide an effective development environment
- Educate engineers on tool usage and possible process improvements
- Provide support for internal tooling
- Detail technical aspects and user flows of features
- Work and collaborate with a distributed team across the world
- Assist in defining the team’s roadmap
- Work closely with Engineers to capture requirements
- Build and supervise statistics to observe tooling health and functionality
Who You Are:
- At least 5 years experience as a Software Engineer
- You’re a trusted engineer who has completed either a comprehensive software engineering boot camp, CS, CE, SW, MIS or equivalent degree, or has relevant work experience
- Effective working in a programming language such as Ruby, Scala, or PHP
- Excited to explore and engage in new languages, tools, and technologies
- Willingness to use the right tool for the job
- Contribute to project discovery, design, and implementation
- Comfortable working on several projects
- Desire to work in a collaborative, open environment on an Agile team as a contributor and mentor
- Highly proactive and results-oriented with excellent critical thinking skills
Our Hiring Processes Might Include
We want to see your problem-solving and analytical skills. Be prepared to write good, clean, scalable code. You don’t need to know our entire stack, but we’re looking for practical experience, someone who can tackle production problems in the cloud.
- Recruiter Phone Screen
- Hiring Manager Screening
- Online Code Assessment
- Final Team Interview
- Note: Visa Work Authorization Sponsorship Supported and Relocation Assistance Provided