BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce , named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2021, is looking for an Instructional Designer to develop unified training programs for the BigCommerce Learning Ecosystem, with a particular focus on technical and developer training.
Reporting to the Director, Learning and Organizational Development, this position develops training that contributes to increasing levels of product/retail knowledge, third-party payment and technical integration solutions, customer service, leadership development, employee development, retention and compliance to support business objectives and enhance learner performance; specifically for our Strategic Business Development initiatives and team members..
What You’ll Do
- Develop and produce blended learning programs in line with Learning & Organizational Development strategy, BigCommerce core values and business objectives
- Partner with subject matter experts and stakeholders to create dynamic, relevant programs aligned with Learning and Organizational Development strategy and learning design standards
- Partner with content creators throughout BigCommerce and adhere to standard processes to ensure content is developed to internal technical and design specifications
- Leverage subject matter experts, existing materials, and the Learning & Development team, as well as assess industry wide best practices to make training recommendations
- Review processes, programs, and materials for effectiveness, updating when necessary
- Promote learner-driven, collaborative, and active training methods, limiting lecture style delivery
- Create content that will work in both printed and mobile formats and is device agnostic, adhering to current trends utilizing instructional design, neuroscience related to learning, delivery methods, and best practices
- Regularly reviews competitor content and strategies to keep up with effective content approaches
- Contribute to building a highly skilled, nimble, creative, solution-driven, and results-oriented team
- Foster an atmosphere of empowerment and accountability
- Effectively manage multiple projects and priorities
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Who You Are
- 2+ years of Instructional Design experience or equivalent industry experience/knowledge.
- Detailed knowledge of the ecommerce ecosystems, partner applications, and merchant experience; familiarity with third party solutions, including payment and technical integrated solutions, a strong plus.
- Production powerhouse who can build material quickly using Storyline, Captivate, Inkling and InDesign; as well as edit video and audio efficiently and on demand.
- Proficient in learning management system terminology, e-learning authoring tools, other online tools, and learning industry standards design standards (SCORM/AICC/xAPI/TinCan, etc.).
- Strong technical writing skills are strongly preferred.
- Ability to work independently and a comfort with ambiguity
- Persuasiveness in collaborating across a global, matrixed organization and scaling training initiatives to large groups across multiple locations
- Passion for the success of BigCommerce and our merchants; a sense of ownership for the success of the business; driven and results oriented, yet humble
- Amazing human being who strives to make the lives of others better a must
- Sense of humor, and/ or the ability to laugh when things get hectic, a HUGE plus