BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce is looking for a Technical Consultant to manage the scoping and ongoing enhancements of partner-built API integrations. This will require a strong understanding of various API frameworks and scripting languages, and the ability to quickly switch between communicating technical and business requirements. You will be exposed to a highly customizable product on multiple platforms that are configured/engineered differently for each partner.
The Technical Consultant will be a critical component to the successful launch and ongoing use of strategic partner integrations across key focus areas to propel the business forward. This role will interface directly with partners to manage questions and issues during a project. Must be exceptionally detail-oriented, eager to learn and an energetic self-starter who can work independently and in a group setting. The role is based out of Austin, Texas and may require little travel.
What You’ll Do:
- Solution design by leveraging partners’ and our own API documentation to jointly scope out integrations with our strategic partners based on initial business requirements. This will include but is not limited to: POS (point-of-sale), marketplace channels, and ERP (enterprise resource planning).
- Provide technical support and project delivery management with select partners who are building to BigCommerce. You will be responsible for the final output, quality, and testing and communicating project status on a regular basis.
- Develop a strong partnership with our Product & Engineering organization as you will be required to understand the roadmap and communicate internally and externally of any constraints. You will be accountable for empowering partners to build enhancements to existing integrations as new product features are rolled out as well.
- Publish and maintain an integration playbook of key API components our partners should consider when building an integration to BC. This material will live on BigCommerce’s Developer Portal as part of our publicly available documentation.
- You will work closely with Strategic Partner Managers, Product Management, Developer Documentation, and technical integration teams at partner organizations.
Who You Are:
- 3-5 years minimum of hands-on experience implementing API-based integrations in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Catalog and inventory syncing experience valued.
- Familiarity with eCommerce related solutions valued.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively architect and implement solutions within a diverse technical team of business partner, external developer/engineers, and internal teams.
- Master Communicator - Strong written and oral communication skills including communication of technical reference materials for partner/internal consumption (who may be non-technical).
- Technical Acumen & Eager Student - Strong troubleshooting, diagnostic and analytical skills and passion for learning and honing new skills and knowledge quickly.
- Organized - Attention to detail, exceptional follow-through, the ability to prioritize, stay organized, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Composed - You are cool under pressure, professionally mature, and know-how to remain collected and focused in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- Flexible - You not only cope with change, but you also thrive on it and can shift gears comfortably.
- Comfortable using technology - Strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. Knowledge of Github is a plus.
- Travel Flexible - Ability to travel domestically as needed. This job may require 5-10% travel (~2-5 weeks annually) to meet with partners which may require overnight stays or week-long stays at locations (depending on project).