BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce , named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a skilled marketing writer to join our growing Content team. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to positively influence the trajectory of a billion dollar company in a trillion dollar industry by creating impactful content that fuels the customer journey.
The Content Marketing Writer will report to the Director, Content Marketing and will work closely with the SEO team to develop web and blog content designed for search engine optimization. This person should have a communications and marketing background with a diverse writing portfolio.
You Must Have
- 2+ years experience writing credible, professional marketing content in a SaaS, B2B marketing or agency environment.
- Undergraduate degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or Communications.
- A diverse writing portfolio with a focus on long-form content.
- An understanding of the role content plays in SEO and the customer journey.
- Experience in brand and product marketing with an emphasis on strategic storytelling.
- A proven track record of creating impactful marketing content with the help of data and prose.
- Experience with ecommerce software and/or enterprise software.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with the SEO team to build narratives and write web/blog content in support of SEO strategies.
- Collaborate with Product, Demand Generation and Partner Marketing teams to create compelling, original SEO content in support of campaigns and product launches.
- Make strategic recommendations for relevant and high-value topics.
- Identify content performance KPIs and continue to refine the content strategies based on performance metrics.
- Uphold the integrity of BigCommerce content by ensuring content is consistent with the brand voice and style, as well as optimized for search and user experience.
- Regularly audit evergreen and seasonal SEO content to ensure accuracy, consistency and relevancy.
Who You Are
- Communicator - Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are critical both working with people internally and externally.
- Problem Solver - You can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, are able to look beyond the obvious, and can identify and creatively solve complex problems.
- Collaborative - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in larger organizations, and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners.
- Composed - You know how to execute consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out self-directed responsibilities.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Eager Learner - You pick up on things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.