BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
Named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, BigCommerce has a thriving culture filled with dynamic opportunities.
The Strategic Business Development (SBD) team forges and nurtures partnerships with leading solution providers that empower our clients to sell more. We partner with the world's leading organizations (Facebook, Amazon, Google, FedEx, PayPal, Stripe and so many more) to enable success for BigCommerce merchants.
SBD is responsible for driving merchant adoption of our partners' innovative solutions, thereby generating increased sales for merchants, revenue for BigCommerce and high customer satisfaction. Our team members handle corporate and business development, partner management, and partner sales development out of our Austin, San Francisco, London and Sydney offices.
The Merchant Strategy Specialist team is integral to the growth at BigCommerce as it is tasked with educating and empowering our merchants to meet their business objectives through the adoption of third party solutions. As a member of the MSS team you will become an expert on many of the partner solutions that make BigCommerce the most powerful e-commerce platform on the market, you’ll evaluate our merchants’ overall effectiveness, and collaborate with them to solve their challenges through selling an array of BC approved solutions.
As a Manager of the Merchant Strategy Specialist Team, you’ll leverage your sales expertise and leadership skills to manage and motivate a team of inside sales representatives (Merchant Strategy Specialists or MSS) to achieve challenging yet achievable sales targets.
What You Will Do
- Drive revenue growth through management of a sales team selling native and third party solutions to BigCommerce’s merchants
- Draw on established sales methodology to define, plan and execute selling strategies for a team charged with selling solutions to our merchants, thereby enabling merchant growth while achieving departmental revenue targets
- Serve as a role model and showcase best practices for consultative sales as part of ongoing training and up-leveling of your team of sellers
- Support your team of sellers by helping to negotiate complex sales with stakeholders including executive management, business and technical stakeholders
- Regularly review and coach best sales practices to team
- Actively lead pipeline review with your sellers, providing ideas and suggesting plans to optimize their success.
- Regularly coach and develop the team to hit and exceed their revenue targets, using tools for call recording and sales tracking.
- Develop and maintain accurate forecasts
- Advise reporting and managing team metrics using SFDC
- Influence sales and corporate strategies and practices by building excellent working relationships with leaders and colleagues across the business
- Propose innovative concepts and promote new ideas for sales success
- Manage multiple concurrent high visibility lead conversion projects with high degree of accuracy
- Collaborate with other sales, services and SBD channels to increase internal business partner satisfaction and ensure key deliverables are met
- Develop a thorough understanding of both BigCommerce (i.e. products,services, and value proposition) and of the key attributes of our most successful merchants
- Arrange and participate in the execution of ongoing product and competitive trainings
Who You Are
- 5+ years software, SaaS, or eCommerce sales experience with a focus consultative solutions selling
- 1+ years sales management experience, preferably teams of 10+ at a $10M+ company
- High drive, resilience, adaptability, humility, integrity, effective intelligence, and emotional strength.
- Achiever - Proven history of successfully, consistently leading teams to achieve quotas and objectives
- Coach - A high EQ professional with a strong knowledge of sales methodology, positive attitude, and a deep desire to develop people and grow their careers in a supportive, yet accountable, work environment.
- Analytical - High degree of business acumen and ability to provide consistent, accurate sales forecasts.
- Solution Oriented - Ability to identify and creatively solve complex problems, including matters related to systems and sales processes.
- Master Influencer - Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are critical.
- Collaborative - Ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners such as Marketing, Business Development, Product, other Sales channels.
- Ethical - Customer focused and does the right things the right way every time.
- Efficient - Excellent organization and time management skills.
- eCommerce geek - Keen understanding of and sales experience at a SaaS or eCommerce company strongly preferred
- Attentive - Passion for client service and satisfaction and are able to manage sensitive information and numerous details with ease.
- Driven - Able to develop and successfully execute S>M>A>R>T>E (excellence) sales plans with a positive outlook and a clear focus on quality and business performance.
- Techie - Sound knowledge of Salesforce as well as strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. A basic understanding of HTML, CSS and internet technologies (shopping carts, web hosting, email and online marketing tools) a big plus.