BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
We are seeking an SEO Specialist, to be responsible for organizing SEO projects and tasks within Jira, and liaising with the Marketing Project Management team to streamline SEO deliverables. This person will also help the team execute and improve our outreach and SEO content creation processes. This will be a fun and fast-paced role, so we need an enthusiastic and detail-oriented team player to join our team that is organized and comfortable creating repeatable project management processes for the team.
What You’ll Do:
- Organize SEO task and project staffing, timelines and workflows within Jira.
- Liaise with Marketing Project Managers to streamline cross-functional SEO requests.
- Provide comprehensive keyword research and competitor analysis to create content briefs for our content team to create and update pages to rank organically.
- Use Google Search Console and additional tools to find low hanging fruit for optimization, after publishing content. Includes tweaks to body content, metadata, and more.
- Plan and deliver targeted outreach campaigns that drive organic traffic and link acquisition.
- Create, send and respond to outreach emails. Ability to clearly communicate via email necessary.
Who You Are:
- 2+ years experience in online marketing, including 1+ years specifically in SEO and content marketing; if you have online marketing and business experience outside SEO and content marketing, that is an asset
- Experience building out and managing an outreach program or other partner/business development activities.
- Proven track record of successful link building programs.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with a team.
- Well versed in Google Analytics and/or other analytics platforms. More important than specific tools is the ability to think quantitatively and parse through data to make informed decisions.
- Strong experience with SEO platforms such as Ahrefs, SEMRush; CMS including WordPress, Craft, and others
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Action Oriented - You enjoy working hard, are full of energy for challenges, and seize opportunities more than others; If you need to tweak a page in our CMS, or extract a random piece of data from a set of webpages, you can figure out how to do it
- Collaborative - You have a true team mentality (your work requires collaboration with partners in marketing and across other parts of the organization; you have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners
- Strategist - You understand how different marketing channels and tests affect people in different buyer segments and different parts of the customer journey from acquisition to revenue
- Problem Solver - You can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, are excellent at analysis, able to look beyond the obvious, and can identify and creatively solve complex problems, including matters related to systems and processes
- Systems Thinker - You are dedicated to providing high-quality services, committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data, willing and able to re-engineer processes from scratch, open to suggestions and experimentation, and efficient and effective work processes
- Process and Project Manager - You can readily design practices, processes, and prioritizations, know what to measure, and how to measure it
- Communicator - Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are critical both working with people internally and externally
- Composed - You know how to execute consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out self-directed responsibilities
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members
- Technical Learner - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it