BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin is hiring a Database Marketing Manager, responsible for driving prospect database, lead cultivating, and email marketing strategy and execution for all mid-market and enterprise acquisition efforts.
We are looking for a strategist with a deep understanding of list segmentation, lead championing and scoring, database insights, email marketing and automation standard methodologies, who is highly analytical and driven to meet and exceed performance benchmarks. This critical role works closely with marketing and operations managers to build a prospect database strategy that integrates tightly with acquisition plans to drive maximum conversion. This role does not require the need to build programs directly into our automation system,however the candidate will need to possess exceptional communication skills and have the ability to successfully work cross-functionally with the marketing automation, content and CRO teams to create and optimize prospect database performance.
What You’ll Do
- Be responsible for the database marketing strategy, working closely with Marketing Automation and other cross-functional teams to resolve best way to identify, reach, and convert our prospects down the funnel and into a sales conversation
- Work closely with Demand Generation managers to guide audience segmentation and provide insights on highest converting audiences and verticals
- Initiate and facilitate requests with Operations and Sales on target account list development for marketing purposes, demonstrating database and audience segmentation subject matter expertise
- Optimize and lead overarching database engagement and cultivate strategy as well as lead scoring methodology
- Develop, launch and handle all acquisition email activities including email strategy, content creation and oversight of production
- Track, measure and analyze database performance weekly
- Work with CRO and other teams to optimize targeting, CTAs and content for maximum lead conversion
- Monitor database performance, troubleshoot issues and be an exceptional business partner to the Marketing Automation team
- Enable the Sales Development team on prospect cultivate and conversion strategy, and consult them on effective email tactics to boost MQL to SAL conversion
- Act as a Database Marketing subject matter authority-- staying informed on the latest progression tactics, segmentation, ABM strategies, email marketing, industry standards and implement efficiencies to improve performance
Who You Are
- 3+ years of database marketing, account-based marketing, email marketing, demand generation, or marketing operations experience
- Understands buyer journeys and how to progress leads through the funnel
- Experience with database marketing, email marketing, lead nurturing and marketing automation. Ideal candidate will have exposure to marketing automation platforms such as Marketo, Pardot or HubSpot
- Excellent understanding of database marketing concepts, metrics and benchmarks, as well as an understanding of how our prospect database, audience segmentation and email tactics integrate into broader acquisition strategies
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data through A/B testing and email optimization
- Familiarity with regional and global anti-spam regulations (CCPA, CAN-SPAM, GDPR, etc.)
- Able to work with varying teams and partners with contending requests and priorities
- Excels at developing both the strategy and running the details
- Able to successfully juggle multiple projects and tight delivery schedules
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience with account-based marketing (ABM)
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .