BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
We are seeking a highly-motivated individual to join our team as a Director, Payment Channel Sales. This role will be part of our Strategic Business Development Team whose focus is to partner with best of class solutions that help enable growth for our customer base. In this role you will manage channel sales with some of the world’s largest Payments companies (e.g. PayPal, Stripe, Barclays, Chase, Adyen and so many more), setting the vision for how to drive net new merchant growth from partner referral and reselling activities. A significant portion of BigCommerce’s annual new merchant growth comes via referrals from SBD’s partners.
Reporting to our Vice President and GM of Payments, with “dotted line” reporting and ongoing collaboration with the SVP, Business Development, you’ll have a huge impact on the ongoing success of the company by delivering material top-line revenue growth for the company through high value partners’ channel sales activities.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the active MRR-driving initiatives with top payments partners. Currently, 3-4 programs are set to launch that show promise to be significant drivers of new merchant growth to BigC from payments partners.
- Successfully building a pipeline of MRR and manage to quarterly KPI metrics
- Own the successful execution of these programs, working alongside the BigCommerce partner managers, and in alignment with Partner Marketing, Rev Ops and all relevant stakeholders at BigC and the partner.
- Work closely with the payments team partner managers and their key partners to develop, pitch and execute activities designed to drive net new merchants to BigC (& the partner, as relevant), leveraging partner strategic motivations and capabilities.
- Build cross-SBD familiarity with best practices for driving MRR through partners, building an internal source of what works/doesn’t, and leveraging learnings to apply across teams outside of payments.
- Work with Rev Ops, Partner Marketing and Sales to leverage BigCommerce systems for efficient and effective tracking, attribution, reporting and optimization.
- Work alongside senior leadership to develop and execute BigCommerce’s next generation payment strategy, including crafting unique, high value partnerships across the payments value chain. These will be the next set of revenue drivers for the team.
- Propose innovative concepts and promote new ideas.
- Lead team of partner managers to develop and deliver actionable plans as aligned to business strategy.
Who You Are:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business or similar field is preferred.
- Channel Management Experience: 10+ years experience managing channels (ideally in ecommerce) and coordinating and designing integration co-marketing programs with partners to drive merchant awareness and revenue growth in a high volume, fast-paced environment. Director-level experience preferred. Plus 5+ years management experience.
- Payments Acumen - You have experience in the payment industry, specifically working with payment providers/merchant services/banking/ISO/POS ecosystems.
- E-commerce Acumen - Experience within a SaaS platform or eCommerce organization driving adoption of a SaaS-based solution with Partners and their clients.
- Strategic - You thrive on challenges, are agile, possess a great deal of perspective and have a clear vision, tolerance for risk, and ability to navigate ambiguous situations.
- Master Negotiator - You are a great salesperson who will be the role-model of excellence for the team. Your experience will allow you and others to skillfully negotiate wins internally and externally while maintaining strong relationships.
- Business Acumen - You're proficient and opinionated on processes and tools required to create scaled success. You’re experienced in aligning partner motivations with desired business outcomes to build creative programs that drive Partner + BigC KPIs.
- Master Communicator - You provide the information to the right people at the right time in the right way, adjusting your approach to fit the audience and setting (one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, direct reports, and leaders inside and outside the organization). Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client / partner relationship skills are critical.
- Creativity - Creative solution designer and seller, aligning partner motivations and KPIs to build and execute successful, mutually profitable programs.
- Collaboration - Collaborative cross-functional player/coach
- Comfortable using technology - Strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.