BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
The Website and Customer Onboarding team is looking for a full stack senior software engineer to help us build www.bigcommerce.com and new tools to help our customers set up their e-commerce stores. Customized user experiences, flexible content management systems, and high traffic scalable services are the key focuses of this team. We are constantly testing, measuring, and implementing new features for our customers to help them start selling more in a shorter amount of time.
The team works closely with Product, Marketing, Sales, and Support to deliver features that meet the needs of our end users - both internal and external to BigCommerce. We work with design teams to create usable and beautiful front end pattern libraries, optimize user interfaces, and attract new customers to BigCommerce.
We believe strongly in the value of good design and good testing, and we rely heavily on tools like New Relic, Sentry, and Kibana to know what’s going on across the 60,000+ merchants and millions of visitors that we serve. We don’t expect our new-starters to be intimately familiar with all the tools we use, but if you are then we look forward to you sharing your expertise.
**To be considered applicants must reside in the United States**
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in CS, EE, SW, CE or MIS; or equivalent experience or completed either a comprehensive software engineering boot camp
- You’re a trusted professional with at least 5 years of experience building public websites using modern tools. You have ideas and opinions and you’ve tested and refined them through your work.
- You have a solid understanding of modern programming and design principles. You write tested, maintainable code that you are proud of and you are committed to keeping code quality high
- You are passionate and knowledgeable on modern technologies and tools, without being biased toward a specific technology. You’re more interested in finding the right tools and patterns for the job
- You’re an excellent communicator. You can explain not just your ideas, but the reasons behind them, and you’re comfortable doing that in person, over slack or email, or in a code review
- You lead by example. You own your work and hold yourself responsible for results. You might still be developing your leadership qualities, but you aim to inspire the people around you
- You love to teach as well as to learn. You don't hesitate to ask for help and are always ready to provide help when needed because you want the whole team to grow
- You enjoy your work and the team you work with. You think terrible puns are funny and are willing to get to know your teammates for more than just their code
Our Hiring Processes Might Include
We want to see your problem-solving and analytical skills. Be prepared to write good, clean, scalable code. You don’t need to know our entire stack, but we’re looking for practical experience, someone who can solve production problems in the cloud.
- Recruiter phone screen
- Hiring manager screen
- Take Home Project
- Online code assessment
- Final Stage / Technical Interview, Architectural Interview and Team Cultural
- Note: Visa work authorization sponsorship supported, and relocation assistance provided