BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce Ecosystem Engineering Team is on a mission to build the leading SaaS ecommerce platform. Our global team of engineers works from our Austin, San Francisco, Sydney and Kyiv offices and are focused on building the right product for our customers in the right way.
What you will do
As a Full Stack Software Engineer I, you'll build tools and features that improve the BigCommerce app ecosystem, empowering developers to build more powerful apps with improved tools. You’ll work to improve our merchant experience by ensuring they have access to the solutions they need to sell their products.
You will have the opportunity to support and inspire other engineers both locally and across the globe to build the best e-commerce platform on the planet.
Who you are
- You’re a trusted engineer who has completed either a comprehensive software engineering boot camp, CS or equivalent degree, or has relevant work experience
- You have experience building frontend applications using React
- You have built backend services using one or more of the following languages: Node, Ruby, Python, and/or PHP
- Experience building OAuth-authenticated, REST-ful API clients a plus
- Experience working on and maintaining open source projects is a plus
- You are eager to learn new frameworks and languages to support developers working in multiple stacks
- You’re excited to build open source libraries and tools to enhance the developer experience for the BigCommerce ecosystem
- You write clear, concise and maintainable code that you are proud of, and you are committed to keeping code quality high
- You are passionate and knowledgeable on modern technologies and tools. You’re interested in finding the right tools and patterns for the job
- You’re an excellent communicator. You can explain not just your ideas, but the reasons behind them, in person, over slack or email, or in a code review
- You own your work and hold yourself responsible for results
- You don't hesitate to ask for help and are always ready to provide help when needed
- You enjoy your work and the team you work with