BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce , named a “Best Place to Work” is looking for a full-time Software Engineer II, Ruby on our Billing Team in the exciting and rapidly growing e-commerce industry.
Engineering teams are on a mission to build the leading SaaS ecommerce platform. Our global team of engineers works from our Austin, San Francisco, and Sydney offices and is focused on building the right product for our customers in the right way.
On the Billing Team, we build and extend the tools, marketplaces, and frameworks that enable our merchants and partners to manage their experience. Our primary languages are Ruby and React + TypeScript. Architecturally we use REST APIs, gRPC, and we leverage a host of internal deployment and cloud infrastructure tools.
Be a member of our Billing Teams that powers our account management systems. You’ll be working with team members to extend our products and integrate with a broad array of external services. BigCommerce offers a heavily collaborative environment helping you expand your skill set and take ideas from inception to delivery.
**To be considered an applicant you must reside in Mexico**
What You’ll Do
- Build and extend APIs that support our applications and external services
- Maintain and refactor legacy interfaces as we improve our technology platform
- Advocate for modern development practices and tools
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Participate in code reviews to maintain and improve quality
- Review other engineer’s code to maintain and improve quality
- Support an open, positive, and energized culture
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Deliver demonstrable value to our internal and external stakeholders
Who You Are
- 2+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- 2+ years of professional experience with Ruby / Ruby on Rails
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, MIS or related equivalent experience
- Adept with full-stack development
- Experienced in developing high performance, scalable and available web services and applications
- Desire to work in a collaborative, open environment on an Agile team as a contributor and mentor
- Highly proactive and results-oriented with excellent critical thinking skills
- Excited to learn new technologies
- Strong understanding of relational databases, distributed queuing systems, and external services integrations over APIs
- Experience with ecommerce, SaaS platforms highly preferred
- Bonus: DevOps experience, GCP experience, and/or Docker or other containerization technologies
- Bonus: gRPC experience
**Please submit your resume in English for review.**
- Fluent in English
- Our ideal candidate will reside in Mexico City, Mexico, Guadalajara, Mexico, or any major city within Mexico
Our Hiring Processes Might Include
We want to see your problem-solving and analytical skills. Be prepared to write good, clean, scalable code. You don’t need to know our entire stack, but we’re looking for practical experience, someone who can tackle production problems in the cloud.
- Recruiter Phone Screen
- Hiring Manager Screening
- Online Code Assessment
- Final Team Interview
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .