BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named a 2022 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Ruby . You’ll be working with team members to extend our products and integrate with a broad array of external services. BigCommerce offers a heavily collaborative environment helping you expand your skill set and take ideas from inception to delivery.
**To be considered applicants must reside in the United States**
What You’ll Do
- Build integrations with 3rd party SOAP/REST APIs that can span multiple codesets/services, fail gracefully, and be highly extensible
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and timelines
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Participate in code reviews to maintain and improve quality
- Support an open, positive, and energized culture
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Mentor other engineers in the current domain
Who You Are
- Highly Preferred: At least 3 years of professional experience with Ruby / Ruby on Rails
- Adept with full-stack development
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, MIS or related equivalent experience
- Experienced in developing high performance, scalable and available web services and applications
- Desire to work in a collaborative, open environment on an Agile team as a contributor and mentor
- Highly proactive and results-oriented with excellent critical thinking skills
- Excited to learn new technologies
- Strong understanding of relational databases, distributed queuing systems, and external services integrations over APIs (REST/SOAP)
- Experience with ecommerce, SaaS platforms highly preferred
- Nice to Have: Experience with OAuth and/or SAML workflows and permissions
- Nice to Haves : DevOps experience, GCP experience, and/or Docker or other containerization technologies
Remote Position or Hybrid: “Flexible work from home options available” for those wanting an office environment. Available in Austin, Texas or 100% remote in the U.S.
Our Hiring Processes Might Include
We want to see your problem-solving and analytical skills. Be prepared to write good, clean, scalable code. You don’t need to know our entire stack, but we’re looking for practical experience, someone who can solve production problems in the cloud.
- Recruiter Phone Screen
- Hiring Manager Screening
- Online Code Assessment
- Final Team Interview
- Note: Visa Work Authorization Sponsorship Supported and Relocation Assistance Provided
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .