BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a "2021 Best Place to Work" in Austin, is searching for a marketing leader to join our team. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the candidate will own Enterprise go-to-market and manage large, cross-functional marketing teams.
The ideal candidate is data-driven, refining programs to continually improve KPI’s. You’ve worked across a variety of acquisition channels including web, seo, events and agency, creating cohesive campaigns to deliver outstanding merchant experiences. You are a strong partner to our sales team, applying industry best practices and out-of-the-box thinking to drive consistent annual growth in an ever-changing ecommerce and digital marketing landscape, delivering the highest quality leads, shortening time-to-close, making sales efforts more effective and driving revenue.
As a leader, you inspire a team to go above and beyond by rallying them around your vision for success. The VP will set annual strategy and execution plans, manage the marketing spend and attribution, demonstrate leadership that inspires an innovative culture of mutual accountability and work with leadership in setting and meeting department goals.
What You Will Do
Develop and lead our Enterprise acquisition strategy. Enterprise is an emerging segment for BigCommerce and is a critical part of our corporate strategy.
- Co-own revenue number with Sales, delivering high-quality leads that convert into MRR.
- Partner with Sales to increase velocity of the sales funnel and revenue pipeline (i.e. responsible for the end-to-end lead process: list acquisition, scoring, campaign management, prioritization and nurture).
- Develop and execute multi-channel, integrated campaigns that leverage digital, email, events, partner and sales channels.
- Bring new and creative ideas to the table around acquisition, retention and growth.
Lead shared services marketing functions including Web, SEO, Agency marketing, Events and Office of Project Management. The services under your leadership also support the Small Business, Mid-Market and international teams.
- Manage revenue-generating functions that support all channels.
- Work cross functionally with key internal partners including Sales, Product, Finance, etc.
- Act as a primary stakeholder with Product Marketing to ID product and partner requirements to fuel growth.
- Work effectively with external business partners to identify potential joint marketing opportunities.
- Manage agency and other outside consultants and vendors to efficiently scale our growth and internal execution.
- Leverage data to improve the tactical execution of all departments.
Lead and manage a team
- Lead, manage, and mentor direct reports and broader marketing team to maximize their individual potential and professional growth, as well as ability to function effectively as a team.
- Build a culture of accountability and successfully crossing the finish line.
- Cultivate an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity and continuous improvement. You and your team must be forward thinking and always testing new opportunities.
- Manage planning, staffing, budgeting and expenses.
Test, learn, and optimize
- Identify, quantify, prioritize and execute opportunities to test new and emerging channels.
- Analyze campaign and channel performance to drive continued process improvements.
- Use data to test/learn/optimize integrated campaigns that drive the highest quality leads and feed revenue growth for the company.
- Manage the integrated acquisition plan and forecast across all channels.
- Develop budgets and forecasts and manage to them.
Who You Are
- Experienced B2B SaaS Marketing Leader
- Proven track record of driving revenue growth and working hand-in-hand with sales.
- 15+ years of related experience, ideally in B2B SaaS acquisition marketing, across a variety of channels and running cross-functional campaigns to acquire Enterprise customers.
- Proven expertise in leveraging digital channels for growth.
- 10+ years people management experience and a strong desire and understanding of how to develop people in a supportive, accountable environment.
- Experience working with inside sales organizations, including experience with Salesforce, marketing automation platforms (Marketo preferred) and marketing databases.
- Established understanding of the ecommerce space.
- Experience across a variety of acquisition channels including digital, email, events and partner, creating cohesive campaigns that drive outstanding merchant experiences.
- Experience running multi-channel strategies and leveraging data to improve performance.
- Data-Driven : A hands-on consumer of data and analytics -- you can dig into campaign results and see opportunities where others may not.
- Technical Acumen : A technical marketer, with a strong understanding of marketing technology and how it supports marketing efforts especially around marketing automation (Marketo) and CRMs (Salesforce).
- Creative: You are the opposite of traditional B2B (boring to boring) marketers and are always looking for fresh, vibrant ways to tell the BigCommerce story.
- Customer Focused : You have a passion for service and satisfaction and are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Problem Solve: You can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, are excellent at analysis and can identify and creatively solve complex problems, including matters related to systems and processes.
- Collaborative : You possess excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills and have demonstrated success working collaboratively with key external and internal partners across such as Marketing, Product, Engineering, Client Services and Sales.
- Composed : You know how to remain collected in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- Ethical : You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.