BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Software Engineer II, JVM Language / Scala engineer . In this role, you’ll help empower our merchants to quickly and easily manage their business and optimize ways for them to sell their products better. Merchants, functionality within the control panel that allows merchants to manage all the various aspects needed to sell products on sales channels, native and 3rd party.
As a merchant's business grows and changes, the sales channels on which they sell their products will grow and change as well. This can include adding new online storefronts, changing a POS system, adding an international marketplace, etc. In order to enable merchants to create and manage these sales channels in the way that makes sense for their business, we need to allow merchants to move their sales channels through various lifecycle stages in a consistent, expected manner. Channel Types: Storefront, POS (Point of Sale), Marketplaces and Marketing (Ads and Social).
You’ll work closely with other engineering teams, UI designers, and product managers to help assess the scope and technical concerns as well as advocate for best practices that improve software quality.
**To be considered applicants must reside in the United States**
What You’ll Do:
- Build highly-available, redundant, and scalable distributed systems
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise
- Work closely with operations while building and scaling back-end services
- Collaborate with product and design to support an optimal user experience
- Participate in code reviews to maintain and improve quality
- Build new features with a focus on extensibility and quality
- Optimize and refactor existing marketplace integrations
Who you are:
- 2+ years of experience as a Software Engineer in a JVM language
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in CS, EE, SW, CE or MIS; or equivalent experience
- A plus but not required to have experience with Scala or Akka
- Experience building integrations with 3rd party SOAP/REST API providers that can span multiple domains, fail gracefully, and be highly extensible
- Experience with Cloud Computing (Google Cloud Platform, AWS, etc.) desirable
- Understanding of the functional programming paradigm with reactive design patterns
- Experience in highly scalable service-oriented architectures
- Solid Unix knowledge
Our Hiring Processes Might Include
We want to see your problem-solving and analytical skills. Be prepared to write good, clean, scalable code. You don’t need to know our entire stack, but we’re looking for practical experience, someone who can solve production problems in the cloud.
- Recruiter Phone Screen
- Hiring Manager Screening
- Online Code Assessment
- Final Team Interview
- Note: Visa Work Authorization Sponsorship Supported and Relocation Assistance Provided