BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin is looking for a Marketing Events Specialist to support and execute an integrated marketing events strategy to ensure alignment with our organizational goals for driving brand awareness, lead generation, sales pipeline progression, partner enablement and engagement, and customer advocacy.
In this role, you will be supporting the digital, virtual event strategy as it relates to industry, regional/field, and partner events from concept to completion, including supporting the creation of integrated marketing campaigns. Supporting live, in-person event strategy, planning, and execution will also be necessary, when applicable, as it relates to on-site management, activations and staffing. Project and budget management, data-driven performance analysis, as well as continual optimization and innovative thinking are expected.
Ideal candidate has experience in digital, virtual event marketing strategy, planning, and execution; as well as live, in-person event experience where needed and necessary. Candidate is strategic, as well as executes efficiently and effectively. They are detail oriented, highly organized and comfortable working on time-sensitive projects, flexible, motivated, while also being creative and thinking outside of the box.
What you’ll do:
- Be a team member of a lead generating function, dedicated to digital, virtual events as well as working knowledge in live, in-person event marketing strategies, planning and execution; supporting the overall event marketing strategy, marketing mix, KPIs, resources and investments aligned with the goals of the organization
- Support the strategy, execution, optimization, and project management of multi-channel digital event marketing programs aligned to the overarching marketing goals and business priorities specific to lead generation, brand awareness, and customer/partner engagement
- Coordinate, and manage events and initiatives such as: high-profile webinars, speaking engagements, sponsorships, virtual and in-person industry conferences/exhibits, field/regional events, partner/customer events, and occasional BigCommerce internal events
- Partner and collaborate with marketing teams such as Product Marketing, Marketing Communications, Demand Generation, Partner Marketing, and Content Marketing to identify speaking opportunities, inform consistent messaging across campaigns, and develop thought-leadership content; building an integrated strategy
- Work closely with cross-functional organizations such as sales to define and implement optimal lead management processes and resources; including lead flow processes
- Support event marketing budget management; tracking expenses to manage overall budget reconciliation process; contracts, and POs
- Measure, analyze and report on the impact and performance of digital event marketing programs on lead generation, pipeline progression, revenue, and lead funnel velocity
- Develop strategic, scalable event marketing programs, initiatives, and processes; leveraging industry best practices and identifying creative opportunities to develop new and innovative experiences to address an agile business. Continual optimization to improve marketing strategy is a must
Who you are
- 3-5 years related experience (i.e. marketing, events, project management, logistics, etc.), ideally including 2+ years experience in virtual, digital events marketing, coupled with live event experience such as industry trade shows, field events
- Action Oriented - Self-starter with a ‘get it done’ attitude and excitement to learn new skills. You enjoy working hard, are full of energy for challenges, and seize opportunities more than others
- Creative - You have the ability to come up with engaging and creative concepts to create a unique and memorable event experience for attendees
- Collaborative - You have a true team mentality (your work requires collaboration with partners across Sales, Business Development, Marketing, and much more) and demonstrated success working cross-functionally in larger organizations, and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners
- Customer Focused - You want to deliver the best experience possible for future and current customers, as well as helping our customers’ businesses grow is the #1 goal at BigCommerce
- Project Manager - You have out-of-this-world project management skills with the ability to multi-task and complete projects flawlessly under tight project deadlines without much supervision. Furthermore, you excel at prioritization and know what to measure and how to measure it
- Communicator - Excellent written/verbal communication and relationship skills are critical both working with people internally and externally
- Composed - You know how to execute consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out self-directed responsibilities
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members
- Agile - You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, are comfortable with change, and have a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get the job done, whatever it takes
- Tech Savvy - You are more than comfortable working in Google suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, etc.) as well as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Experience with Marketo and/or Salesforce.com is a plus
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it
- Willing and Able to Travel - Travel up to 30% of the time to organize events is required, may include travel on some evenings and weekends