BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
The Strategic Business Development (SBD) team forges and nurtures partnerships with leading solution providers that empower our clients to sell more. We partner with the world's leading organizations (Facebook, Amazon, Google, FedEx, PayPal, Stripe and so many more) to enable success for BigCommerce merchants.
Our work is made possible through close collaboration with the Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales and Customer Success teams. SBD is responsible for driving merchant adoption of our partners' innovative solutions, thereby generating increased sales for merchants, revenue for BigCommerce and high customer satisfaction. Our team members handle corporate and business development, partner management, and partner sales development out of our Austin, San Francisco, London and Sydney offices.
SBD is looking for an experienced inside sales leader to drive the strategy, execution and success of our cross-sell division. This leader will also build the strategy, product set, pricing and go-to-market planning and execution for BigCommerce Services - a suite of paid professional services offered by BigCommerce coaches to support our merchants’ success from launch to growth. The ideal candidate has proven success in leading successful inside sales teams, aligning NRR opportunity and strategy to high performing teams, scalable process and executional excellence. This role engages extremely cross-functionally within the organization, leveraging all client-facing teams at the company, as well as the dedicated cross-sell team, to consult and sell native and third-party solutions that help our clients grow.
This is a leadership role, reporting to the SVP, Business Development & Partnerships. The head of cross-sell and services is responsible for significant high-margin revenue targets, and is an integral member of the SBD leadership team.
What you will do:
Grow BigCommerce’s Cross-Sell Function and Sales Team, Process and Operational Excellence
- Lead one of the top company priorities of accelerating client (merchant) adoption of BigCommerce services and third-party solutions through direct and indirect sales activities; in close collaboration with, and support from, customer marketing
- Ownership of the revenue target for all company-wide cross-sell success. Including but not limited to direct management of the cross-sell team, indirect leadership of client-facing teams in sales, implementation and support, regular performance reporting, and ongoing strategic direction-shifting to mitigate failures and enhance wins.
- Manage an organization of high performing, consultative selliers and program managers that are aligned to the Strategic Business Development team’s revenue and partnership priorities as well as to Customer Growth objectives
- BigCommerce places merchant experience above all else. This role will balance revenue targets with the priority to deliver value-added client experiences.
- Collaborate closely with revenue owners, customer marketing, direct sales, account management, support, and operations for prioritizing, developing and implementing projects that achieve revenue plans and our customers’ sales growth
- Coordinate with strategic partners on joint programs and a seamless sales and marketing motion
Accelerate Revenue for the BigCommerce Services Portfolio
- Lead the end-to-end “shadow” business unit of BigCommerce Services, including service R&D and development, go-to-market activities, selling motions, comp/incentives, marketing positioning, campaigns, revenue recognition plan, shadow P/L, billing and operations.
- Ownership of the revenue target for all company-wide BC Services adoption success, including but not limited to development of powerful services, pricing, GTM, direct management of the cross-sell team, indirect leadership of client-facing teams in sales, implementation and support, regular performance reporting, and ongoing strategic direction-shifting to mitigate failures and enhance wins.
- Collaborate with service delivery managers to ensure excellence in delivery quality, capacity planning, SLAs, new offering development and current offering optimization.
- Implement creative thinking to launch new services, packaging/bundling, and sales and marketing motions to continue the trajectory of exponential year over year revenue growth.
- Optimize sales motions by analyzing pipeline with sales and referral leaders and by addressing obstacles and requests by team that unblock future services pitching and revenue attainment
- Collaborate with various Marketing teams on BC Services positioning, branding, and promotions throughout the client lifecycle
- Sr Manager of Sales , who manages two sales managers and the entirety of the cross-sell team; 12 sales representatives.
- Manager of BC Services , an individual contributor who works cross-functionally with all client-facing teams to drive adoption of BC Services, as well as sets the strategy for GTM and sales, as well as overseeing deliverability SLAs and excellence
- Cross-sell Program Manager , leads planning, organization, prioritization and execution of cross-sell campaign programs to achieve revenue goals tied to SBD and partner KPI
Who you are
- Experienced leader of inside cross-sell/up-sell sales organizations
- Proficient and opinionated on process and tools required to create scaled success
- Leader of consultative sellers
- Experienced manager of integrated sales and marketing campaigns
- Experienced in SaaS and/or ecommerce is important
- A strong partner to cross-functional teams at all levels
- A revenue owner, with P&L management experience