BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
The Strategic Business Development team forges and nurtures partnerships with leading solution providers that empower our clients to sell more. We partner with the world's leading organizations (Facebook, Amazon, Google, FedEx, PayPal, Stripe and so many more) to enable success for BigCommerce merchants.
Our work is made possible through close collaboration with the Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales and Support teams. SBD is responsible for driving adoption of our partners' innovative solutions, thereby generating increased sales for merchants, revenue for BigCommerce and high customer satisfaction. Our team members handle corporate and business development, partner management, and partner sales development out of our Austin, San Francisco, London and Sydney offices.
SBD is looking for an experienced inside sales program manager to lead all aspects of planning, organization, prioritization and execution of company-wide campaigns and programs to achieve revenue goals, merchant growth and BigCommerce-and-partner KPIs.
This program manager will work closely with marketing, sales, customer success, enablement, revenue operations and partner managers to set the merchant-facing teams up for success in their consultative sales of third-party and native solutions to our merchant clients.
The ideal candidate has managed inside sales campaigns/programs in prior roles, ideally with end-customers ranging from small to enterprise.
This is an individual contributor role at the fulcrum of a cross-functional team driving towards shared revenue and merchant success goals. The role reports to the head of the cross-sell team, and is a peer to the sales leader of the cross-sell team and the manager of BC Services.
What You’ll Do
Cross-Sell Campaign Management
- Lead planning, organization, prioritization and execution of cross-sell campaign programs to achieve revenue goals and BigCommerce-and-partner KPIs.
- Coordinate all activity in lock step with Customer Marketing to ensure a seamless and effective client communication experience.
- Collaborate with Partner management leadership, Revenue Operations, Customer/Partner Marketing, Cross-Sell sales managers and SBD leadership to ensure alignment on plans and projects as well as expected roles and responsibilities of contributors/supporters.
- Ensure all merchant-facing teams involved with campaigns are set up for success (targets, enablement, outreach materials, processes) and communicate regularly with team leaders on progress to goals and how to optimize activity in flight.
- Work closely with Revenue Operations and sales managers on programmatic selling motions, Salesforce tracking and revenue reporting.
- Lead cross-sell operating team reviews to share metrics, projects in flights, enablement needs and upcoming resourcing/project requests.
- Create, manage and update all campaign, enablement and reporting documentation in company-wide used collaboration tools (Confluence).
- Report out daily, weekly, monthly and as requested on progress to achieving campaign revenue goals. Provide analysis and recommendations for improvements as well as closeout projects with a final analysis presentation/reporting.
Cross-Sell Solutions and Services Enablement
- Develop consultative selling skills for appropriate team members and support productization of consultative selling engagements, such as site review and consultation concepts.
- Define, plan and execute sales enablement plans and partner joint selling motions to support campaigns and revenue goals with partner managers, Cross Sell Sales managers and sales enablement experts partners.
- Actively engage with cross-departmental leads to understand and address their group’s cross-sell solutions/services needs and referral processes.
- Document and lead communication processes for tools for supporting cross-sell projects and campaigns, such as Slack channels, Outreach, Gong etc. Enable automation where appropriate.
Who You Are
- 5+ years related professional experience, including program/campaign management in a high volume, fast-paced sales environment.
- 2+ years in Salesforce processes and campaign development and tracking experience. Including ability to create, manage and manipulate basic reports within Salesforce.
- Demonstrated success with GTM end-to-end process design, rollout, and project management.
- Technically-savvy and also experienced with spreadsheet software and interpreting business intelligence reports.
- Experience within a SaaS platform or eCommerce organization driving adoption of a SaaS-based solution with Partners and their clients preferred.
- You approach problem-solving with an eye for mechanisms, incentives, and systematic solutions
- You are capable of dissecting the complexities of any project, when necessary, and recognizing how critical it is to ensure that the small details are in line with the overall objectives.
- You are bottom-line oriented, can be counted on to exceed goals, and are constantly pushing yourself and others for results.
- Business Acumen
- You know how businesses work, keep up with relevant practices and trends, and know the competition.
- Master Communicator
- You provide the information to the right people at the right time in the right way, adjusting your approach to fit the audience and setting (one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, direct reports, and leaders inside and outside the organization). Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client/partner relationship skills are critical.
- You can marshal the resources you need to get things done, simultaneously manage multiple priorities and/or projects, and deliver key milestones on time.
- You are cool under pressure, professionally mature, and know-how to remain collected and focused in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- A Planner
- You have strong attention to detail, accurately scope out the length and difficulty of tasks and projects, anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks, and easily develop and maintain schedules.
- You not only cope with change, but you also thrive on it and can shift gears comfortably.