BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2020 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is seeking a Manager, Data Migration Services. As the manager of the Data Migration Services team you will manage a team of data migration and e-commerce experts. You will also represent BigCommerce while advising our ecommerce merchants, provide industry-leading advocacy, drive client revenue growth, and help our clients Sell More!
What You’ll Do:
- Be responsible for the day-to-day oversight, management and optimization of the Data Migration Service team’s work queue via SalesForce and project management tools.
- Oversee and improve all communications (internal and client facing) from the Data Migration Services team.
- Oversee and manage customer satisfaction for Data Migration Services
- Oversee, manage, and resource the delivery of Data Migration Services in accordance with the company financial plan
- Develop systems and controls to scale and grow a team while achieving repeatable quality outcomes.
- Lead the team in the development of new applications and technologies that compliment the BigCommerce roadmap and merchant needs for migrating to the BigCommerce platform.
- Provide monthly status reports, metrics and analysis related to team performance with recommendations for continual improvement.
- Partner with BigCommerce leaders across Client Success, Business Development, Sales, Product and Engineering teams to ensure continuity in our ecommerce merchant’s path to success.
- Responsible for the coaching and professional development of Data Migration Services team members.
- Participate in a team that recruits, hires and retains best in class talent.
- Responsible for oversight of Data Migration Service Engineers related to new application development for data migration services.
- Responsible for oversight of Data Migration Service Engineers related to data migration tool maintenance, scalability and enhancements.
Who You Are:
- 3 years working in ecommerce or a related industry required
- 2 years minimum Client Success or Professional Services experience required
- 1 year previous management or team leadership experience required
- 1 year working with BigCommerce API preferred
- 1 year experience with BigCommerce Platform preferred (the more technical, the better)
- Scrum Master, CAPM or PMP certification preferred
- Previous experience working closely with service delivery teams
- Confluence/JIRA experience is preferred
- Familiarity in working with or developing PHP and Laravel is preferred
- 1 year experience handling large sets of data and migrating/moving preferred
- 1 year experience using FTP, SHELL/CMD, MySQL databases, Running CLI applications preferred
- CS degree or equivalent work experience desired
- Vagrant/VM experience a plus
- GITHub experience a plus
- Experience debugging and correcting PHP applications a plus