BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce , named a 2020 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is seeking multiple Technical Support Representatives for our 24X7 Customer Success Services (CSS) Team. As a Technical Support Representative you will be responsible for supporting, providing value to, and powering the growth of merchants using the world’s best, and most successful, ecommerce platform for growing businesses. You will educate customers on various platform features, troubleshoot technical issues, and enable merchants to sell more.
What You Will Do
- Provide outstanding phone, email, and chat based technical support to our customers in a fast-paced 24x7 environment (expect up to 7.5 hours of talk/chat time a day)
- Provide extraordinary support to our ever-growing merchant base with your unsurpassed customer service and problem solving capabilities
- Develop solutions and utilize standard operating procedures for improving customer satisfaction and creating lifelong promoters of our brand
- Communicate with the management team and developers to improve product functionality and resolve issues
- Decrease incoming volume by striving toward first contact resolution and proactively on-boarding and advising customers on ecommerce best practices
- Assist customers with common billing, invoice, and account issues
- Utilize classroom, video, and self-paced training to stay ahead of product advancements and ecommerce best practices; utilize your knowledge to solve problems efficiently
- Display high levels of professionalism and recurring interactions with departments inside and outside of the CSS organization.
Who You Are
- A work ethic that demonstrates dedication to the company, its mission, and the team; a desire to work in a culture of excellence
- Experience in a customer-facing, service-oriented role is required; experience in a phone, email, or chat-based technical support or customer service contact center preferred
- Exceptional ability to utilize self service resources (internal guides, Google-fu, external service portals, etc) to find solutions is required
- Strong aptitude toward various web, e-commerce, and hosting technologies and how they work together is required
- Exceptional critical thinking and soft skills with a passion for getting every customer on the path to success using thoughtful solutions that best fit each situation
- Team player interested in growing and competing alongside some of the best technical support agents in the business; willingness to help and seek help from peers
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; an ability to communicate effectively with and deescalate frustrated or upset customers without taking it personally
- Must be flexible to shift work and occasional overtime in a 24x7, 365 environment