BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
Senior Software Engineer- Front end Focus
**To be considered applicants must reside in Australia**
The BigCommerce Engineering team is on a mission to build the leading SaaS ecommerce platform.
Our global team of engineers works from our Sydney, Austin, San Francisco and Kyiv offices and is focused on building the right product for our customers in the right way.
In the Checkout team our mission is to provide the fastest, best-converting and most extensible checkout experience of any SaaS ecommerce solution. Customization in particular is a huge focus for us, as we know that every business is different and every merchant wants a unique and compelling checkout flow that they can tailor to their needs. To achieve this we provide a large range of APIs and SDKs that let merchants and partners build the checkout experience they want, whether that’s running on the BigCommerce storefront, WordPress or anywhere else.
That’s quite a handful, so we don’t do it alone. We work closely with other engineering teams, product owners, designers, business representatives and external partners to build a platform where we can easily and securely incorporate new payment providers and methods, promotions, shipping providers and more. We have a team of people at different levels and with different expertise and we work to iterate, learn, and build great software together.
We work with React, AngularJS and PHP. We’re focused on building out both the native experience and the APIs and SDKs to let merchants and partners customise the checkout solution we offer, or embed it in totally new contexts like WordPress or proprietary systems.
We believe strongly in the value of good design and good testing, and we rely heavily on tools like New Relic, Sentry and Kibana to know what’s going on across the 60,000+ merchants we serve. We don’t expect our new-starters to be intimately familiar with all the tools we use, but if you are then we’re looking forward to learning how we can get the best out of them.
Who You Are
- You’re a trusted professional with at least a few years of experience building amazing products. You have ideas and opinions and you’ve tested and refined them through your work
- You have a solid understanding of modern programming and design principles. You write tested, maintainable code that you are proud of and you are committed to keeping code quality high
- You are passionate and knowledgeable on modern technologies and tools, without being biased toward a specific technology. You’re more interested in finding the right tools and patterns for the job
- You’re an excellent communicator. You can explain not just your ideas, but the reasons behind them, and you’re comfortable to do that in person, over slack or email, or in a code review
- You lead by example. You own your work, and hold yourself responsible for results. You might still be developing your leadership qualities, but you get stuck in and aim to inspire the people around you
- You love to teach as well as to learn. You don't hesitate to ask for help and are always ready to provide help when needed because you want the whole team to grow
- You enjoy your work and the team you work with. You think terrible puns are funny and you would poke fun at your manager because they can’t spell
Base Salary, Plus Super, Plus Equity
Posted: 05, May 2021