BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
In the role of Director, International Marketing, you will focus on driving prospective customer, agency and tech partner engagement, pipeline and a positive brand experience to support the company’s growth objectives in various countries. You will use your deep experience with Mid-Market and Enterprise Marketing and creativity to develop new strategies and approaches to attract and engage prospects, accelerate the buyer’s journey and generate qualified leads.
As a senior member of BigCommerce’s Marketing Leadership Team, you will be challenged to develop partner and digital marketing campaign strategies/plans to engage prospective customers, build programs that produce qualified leads and drive opportunities to increase pipeline.
We are looking for an experienced demand generation leader who takes a data-led approach to prospective customer engagement. We are looking for someone with globalized Marketing experience who can work across teams to drive alignment and partnership to achieve shared goals. The Director of International Marketing will oversee regional marketing teams in addition to a US-based International Expansion team establishing our market launch frameworks in new countries. This role is in constant collaboration with Marketing and Sales leaders / GMs to develop and execute the right go-to-market strategy and marketing mix for each county.
What you will do:
- Develop and implement country-specific growth goals and marketing strategies in collaboration with Marketing Leadership Team, cross-functional stakeholders, and regional marketing teams in a demanding environment.
- Lead c-suite conversations with poise, driving cross-functional alignment and clearly communicating international strategy, objectives and goals needed for each country and market segment.
- Drive strategies to achieve Marketing Qualified Lead (MQL) and Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR) targets for each region / country and provide regular visibility, insights and agile recommendations to stakeholders.
- Advise global business partners of international methodologies and best practices that drive results, while maintaining flexibility and adapting to their methods.
- Lead, inspire, and mentor direct reports in other parts of the world driving a positive, action-oriented team culture that begets autonomy and strong leadership from regional marketers while overseeing day-to-day operations of the team.
- Assess how/why we are hitting or missing projections across all marketing channels and drive actions to remedy any shortfalls.
- Execute the timely delivery of new country expansion launch assets, in partnership with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. vendors, partners, etc.) to create strategic plans and oversee the execution of in-country/region marketing for our international expansion strategy.
- Advocate with cross-functional peers for operational and analytical excellence in tracking, analyzing and optimizing marketing channels and campaigns.
- Collaboratively work with the global marketing team and shared services to share knowledge, uncover efficiencies and provide a global perspective.
- Have an owner’s mindset over the strategy and success of our International Expansion strategy in partnership with cross-functional teams working to scale quickly.
- Fine-tune and optimize vision for international marketing org structure, hire and develop a highly-functioning team and clearly set expectations for direct reports, evaluate performance and make recommendations to aid their career growth.
- Build and maintain scalable, repeatable processes for future expansion to ensure this strategic initiative matures into an integral part of BC’s annual planning process.
What you need:
- 10+ years of B2B / B2C, international product marketing and/or campaign/demand generation experience in SaaS and Enterprise Marketing.
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- Deep understanding of the demand generation tactics and evolving tools and platforms.
- Experience in the development of international (regional or country-specific) campaigns and execution of email marketing, social advertising, content syndication, SEM and paid digital.
- Strong analytical thinker with the ability to diagnose detailed opportunities and risks in campaign performance reporting and budget management while simultaneously executing insights for senior management.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation).
- Demonstrated experience and comfort facilitating and owning all aspects of large cross-functional meetings, strong business acumen and organizational agility.
- Ability to adapt to and lead through fast-paced, high-growth, dynamic environments.
- Experience leading teams, both indirectly and through influence.
- Experience with scaling international marketing.
- Multilingual abilities are considered an asset.
- Passion for international markets and willingness to travel.