BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named "Best Place to Work" in Austin, TX, is looking for ambitious, organized, and personable professionals to join our Merchant Champion Team. In this role, you will drive revenue through understanding business needs and selling BigCommerce plans and services.
What you will do
- Drive sales revenue through new client acquisition specific to the small/emerging-business level
- Achieve your sales targets and performance metrics.
- Qualify and close inbound sales opportunities via tools like phone/email/chat
- Educate clients on the Bigcommerce value proposition - explain pricing and plans
- Sell Launch Packages and Education Services within your prospect base
- Draw on solutions selling techniques to build rapport, probe for needs, and recommend potential solutions to meet customer needs.
- Liaise with our Product Team to impact our Product Roadmap, which will deliver more value to our new merchants.
- Share information on customer trends within our lead base to Marketing to spearhead quality improvements
- Actively manage the sales process, including positioning, presentation/demonstration of product, and closing warm leads generated by marketing and sales development.
- Be the expert - Provide eCommerce industry information to clients regarding web design, online marketing (SEO, PPC, Email Marketing, Google Analytics), ecommerce strategies, etc.
- Be organized - maintain a CRM with a high volume of leads and effectively manage an account set, keep detailed and accurate notes of all sales related activities.
- Think like a CEO - communicate with management team and team members to increase client satisfaction and conversion and drive overall sales improvements.
Who You Are
- 1-2 years inside sales experience in a high volume, fast-paced environment in a technology organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in business or related field a plus
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for service and satisfaction, are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, act with customers in mind, and establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, gaining their trust and respect.
- Efficient - You are extremely organized and attentive to detail with excellent prioritization skills that allow you to consistently deliver quality results on time.
- Communicator - You have excellent written/verbal communication (particularly grammar and typing) and customer relationship skills.
- Driven Achiever - You thrive on challenges and are a dependable self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Composed - You know how to remain collected in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- Personable - You are a high energy professional with a resiliently positive attitude and deep personal confidence that exudes a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Coachable - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, are open to feedback, committed to personal and professional development, and willing to be corrected and to act on that correction.
- Ethical - You are a team player, humble, ambitious, driven to make a difference, and do the right things the right way every time.
- Tech Savvy - You have a sound knowledge of and passion for the web and web-based software products as well as strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills (Google Suite and MS Office). Experience with CRM tools, Salesforce.com preferred. A basic understanding of shopping carts, web hosting, email and online marketing tools a big plus.