BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
The BigCommerce Sr. Automation Specialist - International Expansion operates in the Revenue Operations - Technology organization to produce and execute International Expansion Marketing tactics, programs, and campaigns via our Marketing Automation Platform (MAP), Marketo. On top of day-to-day operations, maintenance, and administration of Marketo, the Sr. Automation Specialist is responsible for optimizing the MARTECH (Marketing Technology) Stack, Integrations, APIs, and the data structure that supports Database Marketing and Lead Lifecycle to enable the “gold standard” of marketing -- delivering the right message, to the right person, at the right time!
What You’ll Do:
- Work cross-functionally with the international expansion team to develop new processes, build Marketo Programs, Drips & Nurtures in support of our International expansion efforts.
- Manage Translation efforts for Marketo through our translation tool (Smartling)
- Build within the Marketing Activities, Lead Database, and Design Studio sections of Marketo with Best Practice tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs)
- Conduct complex troubleshooting for stakeholders to identify the problem, implement a fix, and propose a long-term solution to prevent in the future
- Build synchronization between Marketo and Salesforce to manage proper lead flow, tracking, and reporting at each stage of the funnel
- Administer ancillary MARTECH platforms and system integrations (Salesforce, UTMs, Drift Chat, GoToWebinar, Openprise, Segment.io, Craft CMS - Web, etc.)
- Leverage basic HTML/CSS skills for development of email and landing page templates
- Build TEMPLATE: Programs in the Center of Excellence for Best Practice scalability
- Contribute to the building of intricate, complex Operational programs like Lead Scoring, Lead Routing & Lead Lifecycle that fuel velocity/aging metrics and Revenue Review business reporting
- Be able to pull reports in-platforms that use critical thinking skills and advanced logic to identify business problems
- Spend 75% of your time in the platform conducting run-the-business (RTB) stakeholder ticket requests through JIRA
- Spend 25% of your time on big projects and strategic initiatives across critical infrastructure, architecture, net new systems & processes, and cross-functional SOP development
Who You Are:
- 2+ years experience in Marketo, preferably Marketo Certified Expert
- Proven ability in all aspects of Best Practice Automation skillsets
- Ability to be the main Power User of Marketo and an additional critical platform
- Ability to train, coach and develop junior Automation Manager skillsets
- Detail-oriented with a passion for learning optimal process and best practice implementation
- Team-first mentality with a passion to learn the critical disciplines of Marketing Automation, Database Marketing, Inbound Marketing Methodology, Lead Lifecycle, and Data Orchestration
- High standard bearer who appreciates being a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission
- Critical thinker who can take an abstract, ambiguous request and use a systems-thinking approach to break it down into system logic and visualize a build
- Learner who’s always ready for more and is excited to continuously improve process
- Service and “customers first” mentality always looking to be helpful to stakeholders
This description is intended to serve as a summary of key duties and responsibilities and may not contain a comprehensive list of activities .