BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce , named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2020 is looking for an Executive Assistant Specialist I. The Executive Assistant will leverage their superior organizational and communication skills to provide administrative support to our Executive leadership team with their fast-paced schedules through calendar management, travel planning, reporting, budgeting, research, presentation preparation and other important tasks.
What You’ll Do
- Manage work and personal calendars for multiple executives across multiple timezones including scheduling and prioritizing on their behalf on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Coordinate travel including flights, hotels, ground transportation and itinerary planning for domestic and international travel
- In-office administration duties as required (meeting preparation, team communication, team contests, meet-ups, etc).
- Communicate regularly with executives both locally and remotely via email, phone and video conferencing
- Manage and screen incoming/outgoing (e)mail and telephone calls
- Organize team outings and social events
- Prepare expense reconciliations and work with internal accounts teams
- Collate and distribute agendas, sometimes at the last minute
- Organize lunches, purchases, and paying bills
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
- Acts as project manager for special projects, at the request of the executive, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, research, and maintaining team accountability, etc.
Who You Are
- 2+ years experience in an administrative support role or project administrative role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to communicate with people at all levels, regardless of role
- Experience with the Google Apps product suite (email, calendar, hangouts and docs)
- A great attitude and high energy with values that align with our corporate culture
- A "leave it with me, I'll get it done" attitude
- Solutions oriented - A 5% focus on the problem and a 95% focus on the solution
- Ability to be organized while juggling multiple balls in the air at all times
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all matters