BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
Senior Technical Project Manager
Location: San Francisco
Do you thrive at leading cross-functional teams? Have you mastered continuously improving and managing Agile software development teams and enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced space like e-commerce? Are you a go-getter who loves to get stuff done and passionate about delivering value to end-users? If so, BigCommerce has an exciting full-time opportunity for someone like you!
BigCommerce named a “Best and Brightest” place to work in San Francisco 2020 is seeking a Senior Technical Project Manager to work with our global Infrastructure and Software Engineering team. Our infrastructure team is made up of talented and enthusiastic individuals who have a huge amount of experience in the running, managing and scaling of large scale web operations and systems administration. The team works closely with the rest of our Engineering organization to ensure that the platform powering BigCommerce remains reliable, performant and secure, 24x7.
Our global PMO, leads projects/programs across the company, from Product Development to Marketing to Sales and everywhere in-between. You’ll be collaborating with both internal customers and external partners to help define and execute our global infrastructure roadmap.
BigCommerce is a product company, headquartered in Austin, Texas, and has offices in San Francisco, California, Sydney, Australia and London, England.
We are the world's leading cloud ecommerce platform for established and rapidly-growing businesses. Combining enterprise SaaS functionality, an open platform, and an app ecosystem, BigCommerce enables businesses to grow online sales with less cost, time and complexity than on-premise software. BigCommerce powers B2B and B2C ecommerce for more than 60,000 brands, 2,000+ mid-market businesses and 30 Fortune 1000 companies, including Assurant, Ben & Jerry's, Paul Mitchell, Skullcandy, Sony, and Toyota.
What You’ll Do
- Drive multiple simultaneous projects from start to finish and deliver value to our merchants on-time.
- Manage daily activities of scope management, project, and resource planning, progress tracking, proactive risks and issues management, cross-functional/stakeholder and leadership communication.
- Own the Go-to-market process from kick-off to General Availability and provide cross-functional visibility into status, resourcing needs, dependencies, granular requirements, dates and escalations for projects.
- Demonstrate stellar stakeholder management and executive presentation skills
- Create and enforce cross-functional accountability across all business and technical groups & levels using soft and hard levers.
- Lead and inspire your teams; influence everyone around you.
- Collaborate with colleagues within our PMO and across all other functions.
- Apply your hard-earned experience to creatively solve for the desired shared outcome each and every day.
- Make the most of your chops to work with technical and not-so-technical counterparts.
- Contribute to our company culture and collective intelligence.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience as a technical project manager leading medium to large infrastructure projects.
- Project management, Agile development, process improvement/quality certifications are desired (e.g. PMP, ScrumMaster, Lean or Six Sigma).
- Must demonstrate direct experience using Agile methodologies (Kanban and Scrum) for managing projects and coaching teams.
- You have experience using a variety of tools like JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheets and G Suite.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow-through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly providing ideas to optimise the process.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people-person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome.
- Pragmatic. You understand the awesomeness and downfalls of Agile, waterfall, and other philosophies & methodologies - and know what to apply for each situation.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- Positive. You know that when like-minded, talented colleagues put their minds to achieving ambitious goals, great things happen. You bring that positivity & attitude to everything you do.
- Problem Solver. You use logic, as well as imagination, to make sense of a situation and come up with an intelligent solution.
- Scrappy. You have an innate, scrappy and entrepreneurial drive to get things done in a fast-moving environment where things can (and do!) change quickly, priorities compete, and you may not always have all of the details upfront. Nothing gets by you.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.