BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce , named a 2020 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Senior Benefits Specialist to assist with the company’s payroll and benefits administration. Under general direction from the Vice President, Talent Acquisition & People Services, this position is responsible for managing all tasks necessary to accomplish BigCommerce’s benefits administration objectives. This position serves as the point of contact for benefits and related HR Policy execution.
What You’ll Do:
- Assists in planning for eventual PEO benefit plan exit. Will administer employee insurance programs including life, disability, health insurance, employee savings plans that may include the company’s 401(k) plan, personal savings plans, and deferred compensation programs. Serves as the primary resource for employee questions regarding benefits.
- Ensure all stakeholders are current on benefits based compliance trends; update HR policies as needed. Ensure compliance of all programs including auditing enrollment, payroll deductions, leave administration, reporting, etc.
- Assist with open enrollment for employees; selection of plans, cost management strategies, build channels for employees to elect plans, develop communication campaigns to inform employees, and then update the HRIS/Payroll employee selections.
- Facilitate the Benefits new hire orientation session as part of the broader NHO program.
- Maintain Benefits portal on Company's intranet site, ensuring employees have access to the latest benefits information.
- Perform benefits and costs reporting and utilization analysis.
- Completes records, reporting, and other documentation required by federal, state, and provider rules, regulations, and policies.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years Benefits & Payroll experience ideally in a high-tech, high-growth environment, global/multi-location experience preferred.
- CEBS Certification strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of benefits & payroll-related laws across the US, Australia, & United Kingdom.
- Solid knowledge of benefit plans, including HSA, FSA., 401k, medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, and ADD/Life. Prior experience as an account liaison with a health insurance agency preferred.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Federal and State regulatory laws in regards to Payroll, Benefits, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA and ERISA.
- Experience with ADP, Bamboo HR & Timestar preferred.
- Capability to apply discretion and sound judgment in managing complex processes, decisions and handling sensitive information.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to work within compressed timeframes and embrace the sense of urgency, innovation and resourcefulness required in a fast-paced company.
- Comfortable working hands-on to get things done and quickly shifting to complex strategy discussions.
- Can accomplish results and desired outcomes through formal and informal corporate structures.
- Exceptional client relationship skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong analytical skills - the ability to synthesize data and develop insights.
- Advanced excel and powerpoint skills.